Thread: Which application is using which port?

Which application is using which port?

Hi there, I am having a small issue regarding the networking. I am using windows 7 on my PC and want to know about the Port configuration of the same. I need to know that which of the port of my computer is used by which of the specific application. So need help regarding that. Any one have idea about the same can help me. Any help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which application is using which port?

Hey as per your discussion is concerned i cam to know that you are looking for the step which will guide you regarding the knowing of the port using the application. So follow the step given below and see the same

• GO to the start
    • Click on the Run and type "cmd" on that to open command prompt
    • Now type the netstat -aon | findstr “[port_number]“.
    • After that replace the number of the port which you want to know about an enter
    • If the given port number is used by any application then it will display the complete specification about the same
    • Now write "tasklist | findstr “[PID]“". Remove the PID with the number from the above step and hit enter.
    • Now you can know the You’ll be shown the application name that is using your port number.name of the application which is using the port specified by you

If you want to know that which port is being used by a application then you have to follow the below given step. These step take you to the end of your search. So do the same as suggested below to know about your port
    1. Click on the start
    2. Go to the Run
    3. Type cmd on it and enter
    4. Type tasklist | findstr “[Name of the Application]“.
    5. Now remove the application and enter the name of the application which you want to know about.
    6. Now check the process ID
    7. Type "netstat -aon | findstr “[PID]“.
    8. Replace the process ID with new one which you wish to check and hit on the "Enter" key
    9. Now you can see the application detail with the port number which are accessed by the application

Hello, If you find the above method difficult to use then no need to worry. There are lots of tools available to help you regarding the use of the port and display the list of the Port used by the application of your PC. SO download any one from the internet and enjoy the same. One of the Tools which i have used is known as the "Active Port" which give you quick access of the same. Hope you will find it with the Google search. Thank you

Hi, If you wish to know about the port number and the application of your system Then below given two command will be helpful to find the detail of the same. So use this command on the command prompt and see that it is helpful or not. Say thank if it work s for you and not then also let me know i will find some more solution
    Code:
    netstat -Aan | grep <port number>
    rmsock <addr of PCB> tcpcb

Use the below given example to solve your issue. All you have to isd that just type the same in the command console with the port number as you wisjh. So make the change according to your need
    Code:
    C:\>netstat -aon | findstr "50000"
    TCP 0.0.0.0:50000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2564
    C:\>pslist 2564
    pslist v1.28 - Sysinternals PsList
    Copyright ⌐ 2000-2004 Mark Russinovich
    Sysinternals
    Process information for MACHINENAME:
    Name Pid Pri Thd Hnd Priv CPU Time Elapsed Time
    db2syscs 2564 8 15 366 30912 0:00:02.859 2:12:08.564