Thread: Create soft link on Windows Sharing

Create soft link on Windows Sharing

Hello,
    I need to create tree from a website under linux. On mounting nfs I have no problem, in general I am trying to create a soft-link to windows sharing, if cons try to do my mkdir-p in the editing samba it says permission not granted on the creation of the 2nd directory:
    Code:
    example @: / tmp / MONTAGE_SAMBA> mkdir-p test / ex / ex
    mkdir: can not create directory `test / exx ': Permission not granted
    Someone has an idea? In advance thank you.

Re: Create soft link on Windows Sharing

Hi
    I need to create tree from a website under linux. On mounting nfs I have no problem, in general I am trying to create a soft-link to windows sharing, if cons try to do my mkdir-p in the editing samba it says permission not granted on the creation of the 2nd directory.
    For this the best way to do this is to just create a directory as root and I think that's all, it should work. First try creating a directory and then try to check if it works. If you have any more problems then do post back.

Hello
    I would say that this is regulated at the samba server.
    It should get you used to login to the samba directory is just the rights to write to this directory (at least in human UNIX). I really have not understood your exact problem yet. Please post with some details so that I can try to give you a solution for it.

Hi,
    The problem was mounting samba. In fact I finally set up an assembly with CIFS. The mkdir-p works correctly now.
    For rights is pretty special, although I map my drive with a given user group and umask. But when creating directories through the website, the rights are not respected, worse, when I created a second set of directories, first take the rights.
    Also, I can not make sense to link unix, which I have a problem for the structure of my website which contains some issues, I think it's the "restrictions " I'll see if the shortcuts can replace my links.
    The problem was the creation of directory string using the-p option of mkdir. I could create folders as I wanted, but not a single command.

Hello
    I think FAT and NTFS do not support sym links in a native way, hence the message:
    Code:
    "ln: creating symbolic link` library ': Operation not supported "
    Even I had tried it but was not successful, If someone knows a way to create the equivalent of a link on a NTFS disk from Linux, I would be very grateful.

Hello,
    I still have not found solution to my problem:
    I have a website that Linux has to write a tree with links to a disk shared by a Windows server in Active Directory.
    If I mount the shares via Samba (CIFS) I get the error:
    Code:
    ln: creating symbolic link `test '=>` www': Operation not permitted
    If any one know how to resolve the problem or any alternative to this then please help me by posting.