Thread: Prevention method of PAK_Generic.00

Prevention method of PAK_Generic.00

I need to know the prevention method of PAK_Generic.00 and other similar types of infections since I do not know how they keep entering my system. I generally an alert of infections like PAK_Generic.00 in my system from the AVG antivirus that I am using. I also delete them when I get the alert, but everytime I browse the web, I still get such types of alerts again and again. I cant understand why this is happening. Please give me suitable suggestions about what should I do in this case. My operating system is Windows Vista and my browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Firewall can prevent trojans

I suggest you to use firewalls as the prevention method of PAK_Generic.00, since firewall can prevent trojans. Inorder to enable a firewall in Windows Vista, just do the following steps:
    • Go to Start.
    • Now, click on Control Panel.
    • Here, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    • Now, select On.
    • Finally, click on OK.

If you are not comfortable with the default Windows Firewall, then use some other third party firewall. Firewalls do not allow the entry of malicious contents into the system.

Keep the system well updated

Keep the system well updated as the prevention method of PAK_Generic.00. It is therefore recommended to turn on the Automatic Updates always on. This is how you need to do it in Windows Vista:
    1. Go to Start.
    2. Then, go to Control Panel.
    3. Here, select System and Maintainance.
    4. There, click on Windows updates.
    5. Lastly, you have to select a setting that will allow you to install the updates automatically with a particular time that is convenient to you.

If you do not want to keep this option, you will get a balloon that will notify you whenever the updates are available. You can also download the updates from there.

Use a spyware

Prevention method of PAK_Generic.00 is to use a spyware such as SPYWARE DOCTOR. Spywares actually remain in the background and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. Normal antiviruses cannot do this. PAK_Generic.00 is a type of malware that can only be removed with the help of anti-malwares and not by antiviruses. If you do not keep a spyware installed in the system, then you will have to format the system since the threats caused by such trojans in the system are quite dangerous.

Avoid downloading Email attachments

Avoid downloading Email attachments from unknown users for the prevention method of PAK_Generic.00 since such type of attachments are always send by attackers with the intention of gaining unauthorized access into the system. The attackers generally include the infectious codes in those attachments that get into the system as soon as you download them and they help as backdoors to the attackers. Thus, they help them in stealing private and important data.

Social engineering should be avoided

Social engineering should be avoided and it can be used as the prevention method of PAK_Generic.00 and such other types of infections. Social engineering is a famous technique that is used by the attackers to send the infection into your system and to gain access in it. They may ask you to give some vital information acting as the administrator of some official site. They may also ask you to accept some the files, which you have to decline. Only the unsuspecting users fall prey to such types of attacks.