Thread: How to remove Trojan.VB.DJ from my personal computer?

How to remove Trojan.VB.DJ from my personal computer?

While I was working on my personal computer I have got an alert from my antivirus program that “Trojan.VB.DJ”. I have got this alert message when I was downloading software from websites. When antivirus gave me an alert I tried to delete the virus from my personal computer but I was unable to do so. I want to need to know how to delete this virus from my personal computer. If possible please mention some of the preventive measure to avoid virus problem.

Re: Trojan.VB.DJ modifies a set of system registry

From the name of “Trojan.VB.DJ” it is clear that it is Trojan. Normally Trojan are designed to target the intended users to steal their confidential information. But this Trojan is designed to modifies a set of system registry. This Trojan removes the run and search option from the start menu, it also denies the use of task manager, and set up the registry to enable automatic execution of virus on system at the time of start up

Re: Symptoms related to Trojan.VB.DJ

If your personal computer is attacked by the Trojan name “Trojan.VB.DJ” then you will see the following symptoms in your personal computer. Symptoms of Trojan will help you to understand the level of damage it can do to your personal computer. You will see the virus exe on the following places.
    1. %WINDIR%\system32\ISASS.exe
    2. %SYSTEMDRIVE%\WINDOWS\explosex.exe
    3. %SYSTEMDRIVE%\WINDOWS\system32.exe
    4. %WINDIR%\system32\LNETINFO.exe
    5. %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.exe
    If you remove these virus exe from your personal computer then there is chance that the damage cause to your personal computer is less.

Re: Upgrade your antivirus program.

According to me if your antivirus software is detected the Trojan name “Trojan.VB.DJ” then your antivirus software must be able to delete this Trojan from your personal computer. I think the problem is with your antivirus program. First of all upgrade your antivirus software and then scan your personal computer. I am sure after that your antivirus program will be able to delete this Trojan from your personal computer.

Re: Manually edit registry keys

For removing this Trojan from your personal computer follow these simple steps.
    You have to open the registry key editor and you have to manually change the registry key values
    1. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\HideFileExt -> set to 0
    2. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden -> set to 0
    3. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoRun -> set to 0
    4. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions -> set to 0
    5. HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFind -> set to 0
    6. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools -> set to 0
    7. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableCMD -> set to 0
    8. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr -> set 0
    9. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\HotKeyCmds -> delete
    10. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell -> set "Explorer.exe"
    11. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Kiamat Sudah Dekat -> delete
    As per my knowledge your antivirus program will not be able to delete this Trojan from your personal computer.

Re: Preventive measure

Antivirus programs and manually changing the registry key will definitely remove this Trojan from your personal computer. But you must follow the preventive measure to avoid the problem like these.
    1. Enable your firewall setting
    2. Always upgrade your antivirus software
    3. Scan your system regularly with the antivirus software
    4. Upgrade all the software which you are using in your operating system.
    5. Use strong password for your personal computer.
    These steps will definitely minimize the risk of virus, worm and Trojans.