Thread: How to eradicate Win32:Vupa?

How to eradicate Win32:Vupa?

I have recently got an alert from the antivirus that I am using in my system about the infection of Win32:Vupa. I got the alert while I was browsing through some websites on the internet. The antivirus has alerted me about the infection, but it is not allowing me to delete it. So, I need to know how to eradicate Win32:Vupa? Is there any good antivirus that can remove this infection from the system. I am using Windows XP operating system and my browser is Internet Explorer 8.

Re: How to eradicate Win32:Vupa?

It is not antiviruses that help to eradicate Win32:Vupa, but it is the spywares that help in the detection and removal of the trojans. The antivirus cannot check for the malicious activities going on within the system, but spywares remain in the background and check for the same. I recommend you to use SPYWARE DOCTOR that is a very good anti-malware that is available. I use the same to remove such types of trojans from the system.

Enable a firewall to eradicate Win32:Vupa and other such infections from the system. Actually, firewalls are a very important components in a system that check for all the contents of data that enter the system. So, whenever the firewall detects a malicious content, it simply rejects the content from entering into the system. This is why it is always recommended that the Windows Firewall be kept on.

Inorder to eradicate Win32:Vupa, avoid accepting file transfers from unknown users and also avoid opening attachments from unknown users. The infections are generally embedded along with the file transfers or the email attachments. But, when the unsuspecting users accept such file transfers and open the email attachments that are actually infected, the trojans enter into the system.

If you are not able to eradicate Win32:Vupa, then use Avast antivirus that will help you to start a boot scan in the system. The scan will start as soon as Avast will be installed into your system. The scan will take place before the Windows startup takes place, so the infections remain inactive at such times. This is because the infections are not able to execute before the Windows startup and hence, the antivirus finds it easy to remove it from the system.

Win32:Vupa is created in the system in the following format:
    • %Programs%\startup\userinit.exe
    • %System%\drivers\services.exe
    • %UserProfile%\svchost.exe

So, to eradicate Win32:Vupa manually is a very difficult task. So, you will have to scan the entire system in safe mode as the infections do not execute in this mode. Make sure that you scan all the hard drives as well as the flash drives. This will hopefully solve your problem. Keep your antivirus updated, so that it can alert you of the latest infections that enter the system.