Thread: How to delete TROJ SPAYKE.C( Trojan horse)?

How to delete TROJ SPAYKE.C( Trojan horse)?

I am using DELL Inspiron 1525 with Windows XP operation system. I am using it last 6months and very much happy with it. It used only by me and not any one else. I access internet on it daily, also download many things from free site and pay site also. But think so when i downloading a free software few days, my laptop is being infected by Trojan horse named TROJ_SPAYKE.C. I use free version of AVG anti-virus. I am very much tensed about it, because it may corrupt my data and think it can also steal my data. Please help me out to fix this problem
    Last edited by Taylor D; 26-12-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Re: How to delete TROJ SPAYKE.C( Trojan horse)?

Firstly would inform you that this Trojan is an open-source application that is downloaded from a many free websites and this purposely done by hackers.It is very high risk to keep any kind of trojans on computer/laptop. This kind of Trojan is capable of intercepting Skype traffic by patching a call in certain APIs. This (TROJ SPAYKE.C) Trojan is intended as a POC(proof-of-concept) program but its code, which is now freely available, can be modified so that the information obtained from the Skype network are saved as audio files, such as .mp3s, and sent to a remote computer. To get rid out of this trojan, install licensed version of AVG anti-virus, instead of free ware one. It should surely help you out.

I have many options to delete or rid out of trojan horse, but none of them are perfect. I would suggest you to read through all of them before running out and trying to run some program without knowing correctly. Because this is the way people get in trouble, by running and rushing towards any kind of offers/solution. The solution to get rid out of Trojan Horse are:
    -> Clean Re-installation
    -> Install licensed Anti-virus
    -> IRC Help Channels
    -> Install Anti-Trojan Programs
    Apply any of the method it will help you out. And from don't visit unnecessary sites and also download things from reputed sites.

My desktop was also infected by trojan horse few days back and i took steps suggested by friends and i was able to delete the trojan horse. The steps they told are: On your hard disk , identify the trojan horse file(in your case its TROJ SPAYKE.C). Now, find the way how it is being started and take the required action to prevent it being restarted after a reboot then reboot your laptop and delete the trojan horse. And if this does not helps you out then do the system restore method.

As you told that your laptop is already infected by Trojan horse virus, then what ever you do, but don't do any downloading of any files from the internet now, because it will get settle in right into the machine and then it will feast on the memory and on the speed of the machine and then you would get real annoyed. I would tell you to get latest updates of your AVG anti-virus software from anyone else and install into your laptop or else install another licensed version of anti-virus and then try to delete the trojan horse. Hope this could solve your problem.

According to me the trojan horse infected file should never heal or don't try to heal it and just move that file to the virus vault and then delete it. Also update your avg to todays' date and then run avg to check weather that Trojan is still there or not. Always keep your anti-virus fully updated and then try visit different site and don't download from unknown or free website's regularly.