Thread: How to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik?

How to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik?

My system was recently infected with Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik when I was surfing the internet. As soon as the infection entered the system, the antivirus alerted me about it and I was able to delete it. I want to know how to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik? What are the spreading techniques that Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik and such other infections use to spread? I am using Avast antivirus with Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10.

Protect your user accounts with strong passwords

Inorder to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik from disrupting the system, protect your user accounts with strong passwords. Once these infections enter into the system, the attackers try to gain information by which they can enter into your user accounts to steal the private and personal information. So, if you protect your system with strong passwords, the attacker wont be able to do anything even if such infections enter into the system. Use a combination of numbers, letters and symbols to make a strong password.

Beware from social engineering attacks

A technique to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik is to beware from social engineering attacks. The attacker may try to do a personal conversation with to pretending to be an administrator of an official website and may ask you some information. Dont respond to such messages as they can be used to send such infections into your system. They may even ask you to accept some files, that you need to decline. This is a very famous method used by the attackers to steal information.

Do not download pirated softwares

If you want to avoid trojans like Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik into your system, then the first and most important step to take is "do not download pirated softwares". Actually, many a times the links to the pirated softwares are placed by the attackers, since they know that there will be many users in need for pirated softwares. So, ultimately they will click on the link as no one is going to suspect that the links will contain infections like virus, worms and trojans.

Enable the Windows firewall

It is required to enable the Windows firewall to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik and such other infections into the syste. Actually firewalls check for each bits of information that go out and come into the system. So, as soon as it finds that an infection is trying to enter the system, it will just eradicate that particular file or data that contains the malicious contents. So, it is always recommended to keep the Windows Firewall on. If you are not comfortable with Windows Firewall, download a different firewall and always keep it enabled.

Always keep the system well updated

Always keep the system well updated to avoid Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.bik from entering into the system. The automatic updates of the system needs to be turned on for this purpose. This technique can avoid such type of infections because the latest updated system will always keep the infections from affecting the working of the system. The antivirus will also be updated by the latest infection signatures, thus being able to delete the infections if the enter the system.