Thread: Internal wireless card not recognized.?!!

Internal wireless card not recognized.?!!

I am having the Dell XPS 1210. I have recently formatted my machine since I was having some Virus problem. After installing the OS, I was not able to recognize the wireless card. According to me I have installed the specific driver needed for that wireless card. Can someone help me to sort this problem out.??
    Computer:

Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-VM Socket 939 Motherboard with NForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.45ghz-Venice Core
    2x1024MB PC3200 Kingston Ram in Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3,16 Pipelines overclocked to 442mhz/1080mhz
    Enermax 420W "Silent" Powersupply

Re: Internal wireless card not recognized.?!!

Sometimes the wireless gets disabled due to settings in the BIOS. Keep pressing the F2 to enter into the BIOS mode. Once you enter in BIOS make sure that wireless card is not disabled. Many times this problem arises because of this setting that is done unknowingly by the user. Hope your system will recognize the wireless card after doing these changes..

I think that this might have happen due to absence of the drivers needed for the wireless card. If you haven't installed the drivers for wireless card, your system won't recognize that device. So I recommend you to install the updated drivers for that device for Windows XP as operating system.

Have you installed the drivers properly after reinstalling your Windows XP ?? This error can generate if you have not installed the drivers of the Motherboard Chipset or the other things given in CD that came along the Laptop. Try to install the drivers in a proper manner, so that your device (wireless card) will detect the hardware parts situated in your laptop. Then also install the drivers needed for the wireless card. Doing this will sort out your problem.

Also there are chances of getting your Wireless Card damaged. You can check the Wireless Card which is located underneath the laptop. Unscrew the bay door for the wireless card and make sure it is proper and shows no signs of damage. Otherwise you will have to send the Laptop to the Service Center. While checking be sure that you are not tearing any stickers. Otherwise your warranty may void.

If its not an issue of your Hardware then definitely installing the updated drivers for the Wireless Card will fix this problem. You can check that drivers of Wireless Card are installed properly by going to the Device Manager. Once you enter the device manager you will able to see the drivers of wireless under the Network Adapters. If it is showing without any sign then the drivers are installed properly. If there is any sign (yellow question mark) that means you have not installed the drivers. Insert the CD of Drivers and in Device Manager click on update driver. Let the system find the appropriate drivers for the wireless and install it. After doing this you will able to use Wireless again.