Thread: Generic.dx!iuf virus problem

Generic.dx!iuf virus problem

Hello, I am using Windows Xp Operating system and I am getting problem of Virus named Generic.dx!iuf. I am using Avast Home Edition for getting protection from the viruses. But, now my Avast Home Edition is giving me error that the Virus is found, but it is not able to clear that virus or also not able to delete this. How to remove this virus from the computer.

Re: Generic.dx!iuf virus problem

I think the virus is newly developed and your database of the protection of Avast Antivirus is of older one. So, you need to update that antivirus first and then you can able to delete that. Take in consideration that if you want to delete the new virus then you need new updates. As virus are newly invented antivirus software company creates new updates to remove that virus. So, you need to update your antivirus and then scan your whole computer to remove that Generic.dx!iuf virus.

Hello, If you are not able to delete that particular virus which is named as Generic.dx!iuf then you need to format your hard drive to solve your problem. When virus infects most of the part of your data, that time it won't delete from your computer. So, if you want to delete that virus you need to first take backup of data, then install again new operating system and then you can add your backup data to hard disk and then scan with your newly updated antivirus software. Then if any of the thread is available regarding that virus then that will be deleted from your computer, before it infects all data as well as your system files.

Generic.dx!iuf virus is of actually Trojan. You can remove that by scanning your computer with the Mcafee Antivirus as Mcafee has released its new updates regarding this trojan. It is having following symptoms:
    • It creates files and registry keys for its use.
    • It creates network connections with specified sites.
    • This trojan work in process list.

This is not one of the trojans who are selfreplicating. But, it increases manually. So, it is possible to avoid infection of it. If you got infected then just scan your computer with antivirus software.

Hello, as you are telling that you are not able to delete Generic.dx!iuf virus with the help of Avast Home Edition, then it is clear that it has infected to your system files also. So, make sure that you need to use the boot time scanning with your avast home edition and then you can try to delete those all files which are infected by this virus. If you do so and then also you are not able to delete that particular virus then you need to reinstall your operating system again.

I have come to know that Generic.dx!iuf is basically the Trojan. So, it won't self replicate. Most of the time the increase themselves by manual mistakes. You will get infected to them by installing any malicious application on your computer. It also can be installed with the help of different emails and Internet Relay Chat. If you want some more information regarding this then you need to visit the link below:
    Generic.dx!iuf virus Information