Thread: Teredo CLient issue on Windows 7

Teredo CLient issue on Windows 7

Recently i have upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I am trying to setup Teredo CLient on my Windows 7. I have a wireless cdma 1x internet connection.when i type ipconfig in cmd to check ip address
    it displays ip address with Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface. Now the problem is that i had notice in the device manager that under network adapter a device has is disabled and the message is This device is disabled. (Code 22) Click Enable Device to enable this device. If I enable it the message is This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. So, how can i resolve Teredo CLient issue on Windows 7? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Teredo CLient issue on Windows 7

Check after allowing multicast traffic in your router/firewall. It may be that you are behind a nat, or your firewall is blocking PNRP traffic. Could you do a little diagnosis for me. In a Command Window command window could you run these commands and send me the output:

Ipconfig /all

netsh int ipv6 show teredo

netsh p2p pnrp cloud show list

It's part of the IPv6 network interface in Windows Vista. I wouldn't concern myself with it unless you need to use IPv6. Right click the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface --> Update Driver Software--> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

It seems the drivers are not installed for your adapter. Teredo tunneling is a method of tunneling IPV6 traffic over an IPV4 network. Try to right click on My Network Places, properties, Local Area Connection, properties, look for IPv6 protocol or something similar.

No need to concern with it unless you need to use IPv6.If you remove it I don't think you will be able to connect to your current ISP. To make a long story short,it means you have IPv6 installed as part of your networking components. Check the following, go to Control Panel and double click Network Connections. Right click on the icon for your Local Area Connection and select Properties from the menu.

On the General page of the properties sheet there's a box which should contain an entry for Microsoft TCP/IP version 6. There are lots of issues with it so it is best to make your network 100% IPV6 or 100% IPV4. Most home users are stuck with IPV4 because that is all their routers and switches can handle.

sad Re: Teredo CLient issue on Windows 7

Hi. I'm not a techie so please answer in easy words, thanx. I bought a new Windows 7 computer 3 weeks ago. Worked fine. Set up my network with a desktop and laptop(also new, Windows 7). Fine for 3 weeks.
    All of a sudden I got 2 yellow triangles - the teredo tunneling code 10 plus the Microsoft ISATAP adapter code 10. And a third yellow triangle - Problem with PnP devices.
    I had and basically still have no idea what those first 2 adapters are and what they do. I did read about them some on the web and I read some forums and disabled them per that, and everything still worked except when I tried to share files on the network between my 2 computers. I read on Microsoft forums that those items are used for Windows 7 homegroups and networking and are needed- therefore do not uninstall or disable them. OH OH!
    I called my computer manufacturer tech support (outsourced to Manila) and the techie insisted they have never heard of this problem and don't know anything about these devices. That's BS as it is all over the web.
    When I mentioned that I thought it had something to do with networking, he said well we don't support networking and you can call this place for $59.00 a call - they do our networking support. So I bitched LOUDLY that I just bought their computers and these devices are on it and they should fix them!! Per the forum, I had disabled them. He tried to get them to work thru device manager by remote access. Nope. So he said my only choices were that he could remove them or I could back up everything and he would restore it to factory default.
    I am not very knowledgeable so I am not going to undo all the work I did in the past few weeks to set up my computers and add all the programs and all my personal files and set up the network by going back to factory default!
    So he removed them. OH oh! But it seemed that everything else worked fine after we rebooted, and the Pnp problem disappeared.
    Then 1 hour later I had no internet access. I called back. Another techie said factory default - Back up and call back. Then internet access came back on 2 hours later. I didn't call back.
    That was 6 PM last night. It's still on today (it's 8 AM here.).
    I checked the Microsoft pages and they say to contact the computer manufacturer or pay us money to help you with it. We ( my husband and I) stretched ourselves to buy these computers as our previous computers were old and outdated. We cannot afford to pay for help, especially when these adapters came with the computer which we paid alot of money for, 1 year of support is included and that should cover everything inside the CPU , the monitor, keyboard, and mouse!!
    I found more forums that said to go to command prompt and:' Open command prompt with administrator credentials.
    7. netsh + ENTER.
    8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
    9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
    10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
    11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors with any luck.'
    It did alot of stuff after I entered "int ipv6" but when I entered "set teredo client" it said it did not recognize that command.
    The networking problem I am having is when I enter the password to get my desktop into the laptop's homegroup, it says invalid password and that is the correct password. I can't get the computers to "see" each other and share files on both. They are sharing the printer/fax/scanner.
    Can someone please help me with this? Thank you very very much.