Thread: How to remove "msvmcls64.exe"?

How to remove "msvmcls64.exe"?

I have purchase a Toshiba NB200 notebook. I use internet daily and day ago i caught some sort of malware under the name msvmcls64.exe. This peice of malware seems to have popped up in the last few days. At the time of when this happened, i was running Norton Internet Security (60-days trial) and Windows Firewall. I run Mozilla Firefox (not sure how secure this is) and had been downloading installers for some programs (VLC, Nokia PC suite, itunes, etc). MSVMCLS64.EXE runs on everytime is start the notebook and appears as a process such as "110.exe" "220.exe" "600.exe" in Task Manager. And it will also attempt to access the internet, an Arabic page is loads,if allowed. The other startup processes in msconfig also gets delete, because of this process. I also got Log: Combofix (but it too long tell over here). Please help me to fix this problem??
    Last edited by Gage; 24-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Re: How to remove "msvmcls64.exe"?

Firstly would like to inform that your notebook has been infected with malware as you would also be knowing it. Have you tried scanning your Notebook with existing Norton Anti virus? If done with this and you are not able to detect and remove the malware then remove the Norton Antivirus. Because that has also been corrupted and the antivrus you are using might be unlicensed version or pirated one think so. Try to use some Original Licensed Version of Anti virus which can remove the malware. Hope you would able fix your problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Uninstall your Norton Anti virus, because it is trial version and will it not protect you from this kind of malware, as its useless to keep this type of antivirus and occupy the space in hard disk. I would suggest you to install licensed verion of antiivrus which will help you to delete this "msvmcls64.exe" malware. If your not able purchase the licensed version then break up the combofix log you got into multiple post and if this is not possible then upload it to a file storage site and give me the link. Make sure if you are making multiple posts, the full logs can be seen by to me.

I was also going through same problem and i did the following things wich fixed my problem :
    1] Access the internet, go to google search engine and search for the
    Spybot S and D. Download it ( freeware )
    2] Now, run your notebook on safe mode and log in. Open SSD ( Spybot
    S and D ) and run the search.
    3] It should find the virus/malware - it does. And remove it.
    Generally for 92% of people it works. Do not run it in normal mode and create backup also. Because it might ruin your computer.

Firstly would suggest you to remove Norton Anti-virus. Also do disk clean up of all the drives you have. After this download Security Check from internet and save it to your Desktop. Now, double click on Security Check.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box that appears on the screen. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. As you complete with this procedure please post the contents of that document. So that i can give you the solution for it.

I was also going same problem few days. My desktop compter was infected not only by msvmcls64.exe malware but two more viruses also. I was literally fedup when this happen because no anti-virus was helping to fix this problem. But one of friend suggested me to buy the Licenced version of antivirus which has virus+spyware+malware detection capability. After this, i purchased the Mcafee, which has all the capability to detect any virus or spyware or malware. I installed on my desktop and within hours i fixed my problem. So, i would suggest you to do same.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"