Thread: Hijakthis shows unknown application Agent.DWA

Hijakthis shows unknown application Agent.DWA

Recently I had visited some untrusted sites. I need to get some files. While surfing I found some virus warning which I ignored. Now after some time I upgraded to Windows XP to Windows Vista. I installed a free application called Hijackthis. When I run to keeps a track of services in it I found taht there are some files which are not related to Windows. Now this creates a doubt that they can be a virus. But the current antivirus aren not giving any warning on them. I searched on internet and found that they are virus . I need some information on this. The files are Agent.DWA , Agent.GBU and Sdbot.BXZ.

Re: Hijakthis shows unknown application Agent.DWA

Agent.DWA is a virus that spreads via instant messaging software Microsoft MSN Messenger. It comes in the form of a message containing a link to a website showing an image of the recipient undress (very-nak**.com, n****4friends.com, facebookphoto, etc.).. If the user clicks on this link, it is actually asked to open a file with extension.com (somethingXXX.com) is the virus. You can avoid the same by running a scan under safe mode. otherwise you will need to deleted all newly installed applications to avoid further infection.

The virus has many alias name. Mainly it is a internet virus so it spreads via mail. If you find the files which I found below then just delete them and do not run them. check for this files and remove them. TR/Agent.dwd.4 , Win32.Dialer-1222 [BackDoor.Ircbot.CRQ, BackDoor.Ircbot.CSW , W32/Trojan2.TZD (Trojan.Win32.Agent.dwd ,Trojan.Win32.Agent.dwa, Trojan.Win32.Agent.dwd, Backdoor: Win32/IRCbot.gen! F , Worm: Win32/Pakabot.gen, Win32/IRCBot.ACH, Win32/IRCBot.NAG, W32/Downloader.IPQ , etc. The file size is around 29KB. So remove them at once

Agent.DWA The virus spreads via the MSN Messenger software and comes in the form of a message purportedly sent by a contact connected with a link to a malicious website. Some examples of trapped link are very-****, ****4friends, family-****, etc. So if you visit such types of sites and then you get the links on your emails. There are many more trapped sites which usually belongs to the adult material. The only way to finish up this getting a good antivirus and running scan. Then run a registry repair tool also.

stop Agent.DWA

Once you get any mail and if the recipient clicks on this link they are prompted to download and open a file with a .Com .This file .Com is not a shortcut but a Windows executable file. If opened, the virus copies itself to the hard drive, then modifies the registry to run automatically every time the computer sends regularly to all MSN contacts then opens a backdoor, is putting awaiting instructions from an IRC channel to take remote control of computers. If you receive similar messages, because the computer at least one of your contacts is infected, to stop Agent.DWA, contact the person identified as the sending of messages by Messenger or email to inform him that his computer sends viruses and suggest that they contact all of his MSN contacts to prevent them not to open the files .com or otherwise disinfect their computers.

Agent.GBU Trojan horse

Agent.GBU program is a malicious Trojan horse. It comes in the form of an email with an attached file whose extension is. ZIP, trying to pass himself for a card and picture of a young woman, allegedly sent by the dating site Adult Sex Finder. It is a malicious Trojan horse, that is to say a hostile program unable to multiply and spread by itself unlike viruses. The Trojan comes in the form of an email in English, supposedly sent by the online dating online Adult Sex Finder. And Sdbot.BXZ is a virus that spreads via instant messaging software Microsoft MSN Messenger. It comes in the form of a message containing a file W139_jpg.zip allegedly sent by a contact. If the file contained in this archive is executed, the virus sends itself to all MSN contacts then opens a backdoor allowing the takeover distance from the infected computer via a specific IRC channel.