Thread: Windows network not working on MAC netbook

Windows network not working on MAC netbook

My friend has a Laptop which has MAC operating system. It is working on MAC network but not on Windows. Now my entire office computer has Windows Vista. I have to give him internet access with some file and & printer sharing support. I am not familiar about this in MAC. I tried some steps but it is not working. Which is the most easy way to do this. Does Windows Vista will give access to MAC. If yes then how.

Re: Windows network not working on MAC netbook

You can have a right to enter your resources which you have shared in your computer. The thing you have to say to mac is that to play good in the windows to the network. And then go to the system sharing and select to the sharing. If you are having the Mac OS X 10.4 click the sharing on the left then select the option which you want.

If you are using the leopard then you have to go to the file sharing instead, then select the option button and select the share the document and the folder by using the SMB, after that you click the account which you want to see or use in the windows. By using the Windows Vista PC on the network select the start orb and select the network on the right of the panel.

Once you have seen the Mac on your windows network after that you can start your work on it. You can see all the share device in it. Such as printer, and also the shared file and the document which as a right to enter in your account. And if you tried first and you are not able to work on it, then you have to change the Vista security setting.

If you want to share the folder on your computer by the network. You can see a option on the screen of the network and the sharing center. if you had seen it then you select the start orb and then write network in the box were you have to search. Open the System Preferences then go to the sharing option under the Internet & Network.

If you have to share the windows on the Mac. Then select to your desktop so that you can see the active submission. Then you go to the finder menu, after that connect to the server. On the server address just enter. Then you change the IP address with the IP address of your computer, and the Mac that the name which you had created with the windows earlier.