Thread: Startup problems in Windows Server 2003

Startup problems in Windows Server 2003

I had been running Windows Server 2003 on my machine. Can any one tell me that how to resolve startup problems in Windows Server 2003? Now the problem is that when i try to get in to my start menu on my Windows Server 2003 it gives out an error message stating that "Please select the operating system to start" message, files that the operating system needs may be missing or damaged. Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Startup problems in Windows Server 2003

Sounds like could be a problem with the hardware did it only brake after moving the machine. Go into task manager, then click on performance tab and look under Physical Memory (K) and post what the Total memory you can see on your system.

If you have problems starting a Windows server, the first thing to do is to figure out what has changed recently. Two of three control files were become bad due to unsual shutdown of the server. Replace control 02 and control 03 with control 01 at the OS level. f you or your other fellow administrators keep a change log, you should access the log to see what has recently changed on the server.

It seems that when I installed XP after Server 2003, it caused a couple of files to be overwritten on the boot partition (where the boot.ini is located - in this case the C drive) with the XP versions of these files. If you are facing startup problem immediately after you make a change to the computer (for example, after you install a new driver), try to start the computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature.

Did you alter anything in your system 32 folder or did you use any registry cleaning tools you need a driver to end your system dump? When you use the Last Known Good Configuration feature, you start your computer by using the most recent settings that worked. This feature restores registry information and driver settings that were in effect the last time the computer started successfully. Use this feature when you cannot start Windows after you make a change to the computer (for example, after you install or upgrade a device driver).

You can often use Safe Mode to resolve server startup issues and troubleshoot system problems. In order to resolve your above issue, you can check out the following link. In Safe Mode, Windows Server 2003 loads only basic files, services and drivers. Because Safe Mode loads a limited set of configuration information, it can help you troubleshoot problems.