Thread: How to remove Worm.Linux.Mare.D from my personal computer?

How to remove Worm.Linux.Mare.D from my personal computer?

I have bought a new computer and start using internet. The internet was working fine and I start to download new software from unknown websites. I was also getting email from unknown email id. Till my system was infected I was not worried about these download, but the bad news is that my computer system is affected by the worm named as “Worm.Linux.Mare.D”. I get to know about this worm when my antivirus gave a popup alert about this. My antivirus software is detecting this but unable to delete this “Worm.Linux.Mare.D”. I want to know the procedure for deleting this worm from my system.

Re: Worm.Linux.Mare.D causes a low level damage.

Worm.Linux.Mare.D causes a medium level damage to your system at the starting phase but as the time cross this worm will consume your computers system memory to that extent that your system crashes. The speed at which this Worm.Linux.Mare.D spread in your system is also medium. Worm.Linux.Mare.D came in to phase on 2006 Feb 21.

Re: Symptoms related to Worm.Linux.Mare.D

If your system is affected by the worm named as Worm.Linux.Mare.D then you will find the presence of file “listen.log” in your personal computer. Worm.Linux.Mare.D increases usage of central processing unit (CPU). Worm.Linux.Mare.D opens many outgoing transmission control protocol (TCP) connections on port 80.

Re: Technical details related to Worm.Linux.Mare.D

I know the technical description related to Worm.Linux.Mare.D may this will help you to tackle with this problem. This worm is compiled with gcc. The virus scans for port 80 on random IP addresses. If one of these computers has a XML-RPC for PHP Remote Code Injection vulnerability, the worm sends several commands to the victim Once a computer is infected , the worm send a notification message on attacker server , port 25555. The worm opens 500 TCP connections at once while scanning for vulnerability on hosts. This increases CPU usage.

Re: Removal procedure for Worm.Linux.Mare.D

If your computer system is affected by Worm.Linux.Mare.D then for removing Worm.Linux.Mare.D from your personal computer download BitDefender on your personal computer. Just make one thing for sure that you download the latest version of BitDefender and scan your system. After the BitDefender scans your system delete all the version or files related to Worm.Linux.Mare.D. At last but not the least kill all the process related to Worm.Linux.Mare.D from task manager. After that reboot your system and scan your computer system once again to make sure that Worm.Linux.Mare.D is removed from your system.

Re: System restore can be a better option.

I will suggest you to restore your system for removing Worm.Linux.Mare.D. You can restore your system by doing right on Mycomputer icon after that open properties > click on system restore tab and check on the checkbox with the name “Turn off system restore”. This step will restore your system. I will also suggest you to download updates for your antivirus software. Enable your firewall setting and set strong password for your system.