Thread: Enable file sharing in MAC OS X

Enable file sharing in MAC OS X

The DVD of my MAC is not working properly. I also does not has a external drive. There is some data in my system which I want to transfer. Now the best way is by LAN I can do that. I had connected a different system which is running on Snow Leopard. Now I don't know to enable file sharing in MAC. How make it on

Re: Enable file sharing in MAC OS X

If you are on the same network it mean that you can you can connect or share the internet and the device which is attached to it and even the device such as printer, scanner etc. In this we can also use the printer which is of wireless. It can be used till it is on. If you are not able to connect then open the option called share for sharing.

To make want to work the printer which is shared to the computer to the other Mac, then you just go to the file and you can see the print in any app, select it from the given menu and give the option in which you have to print. Then you plug it to the Mac. To get this feature of the printer then you have to install the software in the driver on that machine in which you want to use.

If your computer is not showing the printer in the network then the preference will not be given to it. In this case you have to go the option where you will get the printer option in it. After selecting the printer you will get the dialog box, select it so that it open the network and it will be view, click twice on it and it will be connected to the Mac.

If your machine is access with the network then you can transfer the file and the folder from one computer to the other computer to which it is shared. For this feature you must give the permission to it. In the Mac you can share by the option of the sharing pane, we can also have the option like which file and folder should be shared and not.

In some we can keep the setting a default. Which file and the folder should be share with which computer and we can keep it on no need of setting every time. If the other person is using this file he can only see it and use the information in it. He cannot delete or make any changes and save it. In the Leopard the user can copy file but cannot edit it.