Thread: How to remove Win32.Worm.Zotob.A from my computer?

How to remove Win32.Worm.Zotob.A from my computer?

I have bought a new computer start using internet. The internet was working fine for two days after that I have got mail from unknown user, I tried to open it and after that my computer got hanged, whenever I try to do something it does not allow me to do so. Then I thought there can be any virus problem then I scanned my personal computer with the help of on line virus scanner after that I got message like this “Win32.Worm.Zotob.A is detected”. I have no idea about this virus named “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B”. Anybody can help me with this virus problem. If possible please suggest me some preventive measures.

Re: Win32.Worm.Zotob.A causes low level damage

Win32.Worm.Zotob.A comes in the category of viruses and spyware, it is a type of worm. Win32.Worm.Zotob.A is also known as Net-Worm.Win32.Mytob.cd, W32/Zotob.worm, WORM_ZOTOB.A, CME-243. Win32.Worm.Zotob.A was known to world on 14 August 2005. The damage it will cause to your personal computer will be of very low level, but whatever be the level of the damage it will do to your personal computer is not good. So I will suggest you to download any virus removal tool and get rid of this virus problem.

Re: Symptoms related to Win32.Worm.Zotob.A

If your personal computer is affected with Win32.Worm.Zotob.A then you will find the presence of the files like "haha.exe" and/or "botzor.exe" in the system directory of windows folder. Win32.Worm.Zotob.A register itself with the registry key {HKLM|HKCU} SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion {Run|Runservices} which is targeted to “botzor.exe”. Registering itself to the registry window helps “Win32.Worm.Zotob.A” to hide itself from antivirus program or any other security programs.

Re: Win32.Worm.Zotob.A comes with UPack.

The Win32.Worm.Zotob.A virus comes with UPack. The size of Win32.Worm.Zotob.A is about 22KB in size. The Win32.Worm.Zotob.A virus uses a PNP exploit on port 445 to spread. Win32.Worm.Zotob.A has two major components first file transfer protocol (FTP) and the search and exploit thread. First the virus starts the FTP server. It gets the IP of the current computer and masks out the first two components (for example: 192.168.0.1 is splitted in 192.168 and 0.1: the first two groups will remain constant, but the last two will be generated randomly to search for computers in the local area network). The virus will then "ping" the generated IP to see if indeed there is a computer there, and then it will try to exploit it. If the exploit is succesful, a Microsoft Batch File (.bat) will be dropped that will download via FTP the virus from the exploiting's computer IP and start it on the victim computer.

Re: System restore can remove Win32.Worm.Zotob.A

System restore is a better option for removing this Win32.Worm.Zotob.A from your personal computer. For restoring your system right click on Mycomputer icon and open its properties > click on system restore tab and check on the checkbox with the name “Turn off system restore”. This process will restore your system. This process may solve your problem

Re: Removal procedure for Win32.Worm.Zotob.A

For removing Win32.Worm.Zotob.A virus from your personal computer follow these simple steps. First of all download BitDefender on your personal computer. Make one thing for sure that you download the latest version of BitDefender and scan your system. After the system scans your system delete all the version or files related to Win32.Worm.Zotob.A. The most important delete the registry key values related to Win32.Worm.Zotob.A. After removing Win32.Worm.Zotob.A from your system reboot your system and again scan your system to make sure that the virus is removed from your system.