Thread: Infected with Egg-833

Infected with Egg-833

My laptop is infected with Egg-833. I found many files with the name Egg-833 in my laptop, so I searched for the file on the internet. That time I came to know that it is a virus. I could not understand why AVG antivirus, that I am using in my laptop could not alert me about this virus. I scanned my whole system, but still it showed no infections in my laptop. So, I am totally confused with how to remove this virus. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. Someone with knowledge on this situation is requested to reply with any suitable suggestions.

Re: Infected with Egg-833

Kaspersky antivirus can eradicate Egg-833 and I can assure you because my system too had a similar type of infection. It is not an harmful infection, but it is not advisable to keep infections persisting in the system as we cannot predict when they change their course of infection. So, if your laptop is infected with Egg-833, then I suggest you to use Kaspersky antivirus and it may hopefully solve your problem.

Your laptop is infected with Egg-833 and the AVG antivirus did not alert about this infection may be because it may not have information about this infection in its database. To avoid such kind of problems, it is necessary to frequently update the database of the antivirus. You will get an option to update it in the interface of the antivirus. You will have to be connected to the web for this purpose. I suggest you to keep the AUTOMATIC UPDATES option always on.

You dont have to worry if the system is infected with Egg-833 because Egg-833 is not a dangerous infection. It has only a low alert level as it does not harm the system on a large scale. I myself have heard about this virus for the first time and I came to know about this infection when I searched about it on the internet. The antiviruses generally do not contain information about this infection in their database because of which they are not able to alert about its entry into the system.

I advice you to use Quick Heal antivirus to boot scan the laptop if the it is infected with Egg-833. This feature of boot scan is not available in AVG. This scan will be enabled as soon as you install Quick Heal. The laptop will get restarted and the scan will take place even before Windows can load. So, the virus will remain inactive during such a scan. The boot scan is a recommended method for the removal of all types of infections. I use the same in my system to prevent infections from affecting my system.

The laptop will be infected with Egg-833 at many places in the system. So, the manual removal is basically impossible. If you keep the infection in the system, then it may keep disrupting all the programs in the system and ultimately the system may crash. Because of there is a possibility of the loss of your important data and information. To prevent this loss, I advice you to format the system as soon as possible after you backup your whole system. Install a new copy of Windows into your system after you do the formatting and make sure that your system is not infected at any instance of time.