Thread: How to remove Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}from my system?

How to remove Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}from my system?

My HP Pavilion is infected with Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}, but the AVG antivirus detect its presence in my computer but unable delete it. My system has become extremely slow and I think that it is the result of the infection in my computer. I am desperate to know the deletion technique of Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}. What do these types of infections do in the system that the system becomes slow? I am new to these kinds of threats. If possible please suggest me some of the preventive measures.

Re: Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} is self replicating code.

Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} is kind of net worm. These are self replicating worms which spread from one computer to another computer system. Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} worm which is found on your system was discovered on 2004 Dec 26. The spreading and damage it will cause to your computer system is very low but consumes the memory space of your system. The spreading of this worm in your system makes your system slow. So I will suggest you to download any removal tool and get rid of this Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} worm.

Re: Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} affects to network systems

If your computer system is connected to any of the network then I will suggest you to disconnect it from network and then remove the worm from your system. Because every computer which connected to the network are at the same risk from Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}. No matter how many times you remove Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} from your system this worm will come again in your system, if your system is connected to the infected network.

Re: Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} is written in perl script

Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} is basically a perl script. After finding a suitable target Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} worm exploits all the PHPBB code and if the PHPBB code is vulnerable, then it will perform several commands to kill all perl and wget processes. After that this Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} worm keeps on multiplying to consume your computer memory space.

Re: Removal method for Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}

For removing Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B} from your system kill perl processes that execute the \"ssh.*.worm\" or \"botb\" perl scripts. Delete all \"ssh.*.wom\" and \"botb\" scripts in the /tmp directory. Upgrade your system to non vulnerable PHPBB version. After performing these steps scan your system once again to make sure that this worm is removed from your system.

Re: Preventive measures from Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}

Following preventive measures you must follow to stay away from the problem like Worm.Perl.SHS.{A-B}. Avoid downloading of attachments from an unknown email address. Always enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your system. Upgrade all the software you are using on your system. Regularly scan your system with the antivirus programs. Do not forget to upgrade your antivirus software.