Thread: Dell Desktop infected by Win32/Renos.JW

Dell Desktop infected by Win32/Renos.JW

I have bought a new Dell Desktop computer about some 20 days ago- Dell Inspiron 560s (S241204IN8) desktop. This is installed with Genuine Windows 7 operating system. But it seems already my computer is infected by trojan- Win32/Renos.JW which is detected by my Avira anti virus. And when I select to delete the trojan, Avira hangs and I have to restart my computer.

Install Norton anti virus.

The trojan has probably attacked your anti virus process so that it does not deletes it. Try the safe mode scan to delete the trojan but even if that does not works I suggest you to uninstall Avira from your computer an download and install Norton Internet Security. I have installed the same Norton Internet Security on my computer and no trojan or virus or worm or any other malicious programs have infected my computer.

Win32/Renos.JW

This Win32/Renos.JW Trojan is known to periodically prompt the user to download certain unknown files from malicious websites. Majorly it consists of Fake and Rogue Anti virus programs which will confuse the viewer by generating false security alert messages. The download of malicious files is generally stored in the %temp% directory.

Norton also not working

I have installed Norton Internet Security on my Dell desktop but even this does not solves the issue for me. Infact Norton anti virus is not even detecting the trojan. I even tried to scan my Dell desktop with Norton by booting it in Safe Mode, but even then Norton is not able to detect the threat. When I try to update Norton, it simply hangs. I am still getting the pop-ups for downloading unnecessary files.

System Restore

I recommend you to restore(undo) your computer's settings. This can be done by using the System Restore Utility of Windows that will restore the computer's settings to a safe restore point. It will undo all your computer settings till the selected safe restore point. Once your system is restored you can then scan your system in safe mode to delete the trojan out from your computer.

Re-install Operating System

I also had a Trojan on my computer which was not getting deleted by my Kaspersky anti virus and not even allowing Kaspersky to update. And even other anti viruses failed to eradicate it from my computer. So then I decided to re-install my Windows Vista operating system(as I was using Windows Vista). I used the Windows Vista installation CD to re-install Windows and this worked for me. Try this method to eradicate Win32/Renos.JW Trojan