Thread: What is WPA encryption and How to protect Wi-Fi from hackers ?

What is WPA encryption and How to protect Wi-Fi from hackers ?

Hi,

I want to know about what is WPA encryption and How to protect Wi-Fi from hackers ? As from, few days I have noticed that my internet speed has been lowered down. I use a wireless router Belkin F5D8230-4, So anyone can tell me plz ???

Re: What is WPA encryption and How to protect Wi-Fi from hackers ?

WPA and WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access) - is an updated certification program for wireless communications devices. Technology WPA replacement for technology wireless security WEP. Advantages are enhanced WPA data security, and tighter control of access to wireless networks. Less important characteristic is the compatibility between multiple wireless devices as the hardware level, and on the program. Currently, WPA and WPA2 are developed and promoted the organization Wi-Fi Alliance.

A WPA (Wireless Protected Access) is of two types:

Based on authentication servers (typically Radius server (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Server)), which is the authentication server in charge of distributing different keys between users. Initially, the WPA was created to be used in this system. This type of encryption is not only used by Wi-Fi connections, but also for other types of connections that require authentication. This is usually the employee and others by proveedopres Internet service (ISP). This is a highly secure system ... Wifi Connection but maybe something our excesses.

But there is another type of slightly less secure WPA encryption, but still far more secure than WEP encryption. This is the WPA-PSK (Wireless Protected Access Pre-Shared Key).

This type of encryption uses a type of algorithm called RC4, also used in the WEP encryption with a 128-bit key and an initialization vector of 48 bits, instead of an initialization vector of 24 bits, which is used by WEP encryption.

To this must be added the use of TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol), which changes the encryption key dynamically, as utilizamops that connection. If we put both systems optener an almost impossible to violate (I say almost impossible because there is almost nothing).

Also, individuals would necessarily turn on all security functions for the wireless network. It makes sense to share all the protections.

The SSID (Service Set ID) is the name of a wireless network. If possible, turn off the announcement of the SSID, which makes it difficult for a hacker to access. If you have an older W-LAN adapter to use, it is possible that this announcement, the SSID needs to keen to link into the network, then you should turn the SSID, of course.

The MAC address is a unique identification number for network cards. This can be used for access permission. However, the MAC address provides no substantive protection, since it can be copied by a hacker with a simple trick.

To protect Wi-Fi from hackers, if you can encrypt your Wi-Fi hardware WPA, you should enable this important safety feature.

Step one:
    Connect your access point or Wi-Fi router and the computer with a network cable. Note that the cable for the router to the WAN port, but to one of the LAN ports are connected. Via cable is much easier to configure the wireless network, not because there is a danger that you yourself locked out. A network cable for the first installation is also mostly in the router. Check the given case with the purchase of the unit.

Step two:
    Enable WPA on your access point. Select "Pre-Shared Key" and as AES encryption. Enter now a secure key at this point - it should contain special characters and numbers. Save the settings on the access point.

Step three:
    Now off the WPA encryption on your WLAN card. Enter the same key at this point as on the access point. Save the settings.

Now, your wireless network is safe from hackers.