Thread: D-Link lan card not detected in Compaq Desktop

D-Link lan card not detected in Compaq Desktop

I am having the Compaq Desktop Computer at my home and i have the internet connection too. But i am not able to access the internet using the LAN cable because the LAN Card is not detected by my computer. I have purchased this LAN card two days ago. This is the LAN card of the D-Link. I have attached it to the PCI slot of the motherboard properly. But i dont know why this problem is there.

Re: D-Link lan card not detected in Compaq Desktop

You are having the D-Link LAN card which you have fixed in you Compaq Computer system two days before but the problem is that your computer is not detecting the hardware connect to your computer system. Check out the list of connected hardware list to your computer from the Device manager. Go to the device manager there you will find all the hardware connected to your computer system. If this LAN card is shown there than the LAN card is connected properly. May be it it disabled by the default setting. Right click on the D-Link LAN card and select the Enable option. Now you can connect to the internet using the LAN card without any problem.

If this D-Link router is not shown in the list of the available hardware list connected to your computer system then you should remove this LAN card and place it in the proper place again by cleaning the LAN Card as well as the LAN Card slot to which you are going to fit this LAN Card. This Slot is known as the PCI slot. If now not detected the once reboot your system. If it is detected then the problem is solved and if not then there is some major problem with LAN Card.

If you have tried both the above tricks to solve the problem of the D-Link LAN card then surely this LAN Card is not proper. Take this D-Link LAN Card to the shop from where you have purchased it. Tell them about this problem ask them to replace this LAN Card. You can check this LAN card in other computer systems and see that it is detected on the other systems or not. If this LAN card is working well on the other computer systems then do not replace this. Otherwise you should replace this with the new one. connect and install the driver for the new LAN card and start browsing on the Internet.

Check this D-Link LAN Card with other computer systems and if it is working on the other systems then There is a problem in the Slot which you are using to connect this D-Link LAN card in your computer system. To check this LAN card slot connect some other LAN CARD or connect some other hardware to the system. If it is detected then the slot is working properly. And if it is not detected then the PCI slot is not working. You need to repair this PCI slot after that you will be able to connect the LAN CARD to your computer.

If you have tried all the possibilities to solve this LAN Card problem and you are failed then i will suggest you that dont try again to solve this problem by yourself. Take your CPU and the LAN Card to the Computer repairing center. They will identify the problem and they will tell you where was the problem. They will charge you for solving this problem but your computer will be properly repaired. Otherwise if you will try to fix it by yourself, there is a chance that the you can damage some other hardware parts of your computer system.