Thread: What is brs.exe

What is brs.exe

I have a Dell laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. Now the problem is that after installing PowerDVD Ultra on my laptop it seems to be that it has also installed a file in startup called "brs.exe". The only reason I know this is because my spysweeper is showing it as malware. So, i would like to know that what is brs.exe? Is it some kind of virus? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: What is brs.exe

Brs.exe is part of a software application. Brs.exe is a program from Cyberlink, the company that brought PowerDVD to your computer screens.brs.exe is required by third-party software or hardware and should not disabled. You can close it if you need the recources. File brs.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The file size on Windows XP is 91,432 bytes. There is no file information. The file is a Verisign signed file.

brs.exe is part of Cyberlink. File brs.exe is certified by a trustworthy company. The file is not a Windows core file. You can close brs.exe to free up resources. In PowerDVD 8 BD region control information is stored in the BRF.dat file. This file is controlled by the runtime program Brs.exe.

In addition to the file name, brs.exe, the following version information is used to identify the file. If the file does not match this information, it may be a different file. To ensure the file is absolutely correct, so it is highly recommended that you run a FREE performance scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

However, you are still advised to run a regular scan with a reliable antivirus program whenever you encounter a suspicious program. To view version information with Windows Explorer, right-click the file and click Properties, Version. Malware often camouflages itself by using similar nomenclature to legitimate software. A good antivirus and anti-spyware tool, will also help you maintain your system at optimum levels. The program is not visible. Program is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).

Try to run some good antivirus program on your system. You can definitely disable brs.exe. This has the added benefit that you can reset the region change count on your blu-ray drive if you need to. If you are on Windows XP, you can usually find BRF.dat in the X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CyberLink\BDNAV folder. Note that X here is the drive where Windows is installed.