Thread: How to remove Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B?

How to remove Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B?

I have bought a new computer start using internet. The internet was working fine for two days after that I have got mail from unknown user, I tried to open it and after that my computer got hanged, whenever I try to do something it does not allow me to do so. Then I thought there can be any virus problem then I scanned my personal computer with the help of on line virus scanner after that I got message like this “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B is detected”. I have no idea about this virus named “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B”. Anybody can help me with this virus problem.

Re: Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B is a worm.

Your personal computer is infected with the worm named as “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B”. This worm was known to world on 2004 Jun 03. The spreading of this worm and the damage it will cause to you personal computer will of medium level, but whatever be the amount of damage this worm will do to your computer is not good for you. So I will suggest you to download any removal tool and get rid of this worm.

Re: Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B register itself.

If your computer is affected by “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B” worm then you will find the presence of “upu.exe” in the system32 folder. “Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B” will also create the following registry in the registry window to hide itself from antivirus and security system. The [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Re: Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B is written in Microsoft visual c++.

Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B spread through local network and through infected message. Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B also spreads through file sharing network. Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B is written in the popular language known as “Microsoft Visual C++”

Re: Removal procedure for Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B

For removing Backdoor.SDBot.Gen virus from your personal computer follow these simple steps. First of all download BitDefender on your personal computer. Make one thing for sure that you download the latest version of BitDefender and scan your system. After the system scans your system delete all the version or files related to Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B . The most important delete the following registry key values. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]. This will surely solve your problem.

Re: Prevention methods from Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B

System restore is a better option for removing this Win32.Worm.Plexus.A/B from your personal computer. For restoring your system right click on Mycomputer icon and open its properties > click on system restore tab and check on the checkbox with the name “Turn off system restore”. This process will restore your system but you must also follow the preventive measures like update your antivirus software and scan your system regularly. Enable the firewall setting and choose strong password for your system.