Thread: How to delete Virus: W32/Fujacks.aw

How to delete Virus: W32/Fujacks.aw

My Acer Aspire 5738 laptop has a W32/Fujacks.aw virus which is really troubling me out. Many of my folders are getting replaced. Every now and then I get a pop-up when I am using the internet. Also when I am sue Google or even Yahoo search engines my search queries are redirected. My AVG anti virus is not even detecting it. Its my friend s who complain of the virus in their USB drives after using it in my laptop.

Use some other anti virus

In case if your AVG anti virus is not able to detect the threat which your friends are complaining of, then you should un-install your current AVG anti virus and use some other anti virus which include: Norton Internet Security, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast and many more. Use any of these anti virus and scan your laptop detect and terminate the Virus from your Acer laptop.

Re: How to delete Virus: W32/Fujacks.aw

Virus: W32/Fujacks.aw is a generic detection of files that are infected with the Win32/Viking virus. The virus spreads by infecting executable files, and by copying itself to network shares and removable drives. It also kills security related software and downloads additional malware. The Microsoft has already given Severe alert level for this trojan.

Desktop infected by W32/Fujacks.aw

Even my desktop computer is infected by this W32/Fujacks.aw virus. I have tried the safe mode to remove this trojan from my desktop permanently but even that has not helped. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2, 2 GB memory, 300 GB hard disk and AMD Phenom Black processor. I have installed Avira anti virus.

System Restore Utility

I guess you may have to go for the system restore. System restore is like Undo command for windows. System Restore periodically takes snapshot of your system known as Restore points. To restore your laptop. You would have to got the System restore utility. Using this utility of Windows you can easily restore the settings of you laptop to a safe restore points.

Format your Windows Drive

As the virus is expected to infect the executable files, there are chances that the virus may have corrupted the current copy of Windows, there by also attacking the security programs in your laptop. I would prefer you to format the current Windows and install a fresh Windows again. I did this when my computer was infected by a virus which used to duplicate desktop icons.