Thread: What are the different methods used by a Firewall

What are the different methods used by a Firewall

I had installed a third party firewall software. It comes with Como-do. The application is so strong that it even does not allow my basic software to get an update. This annoyes me now. I need some information on different types of methods used in firewall to protect a computer online. If the basic Windows firewall is enough strong to handle the incoming then I really don't need this software which consumes my system resources.

Re: What are the different methods used by a Firewall

The firewall works in a different methods. It has three methods by which it control the flow of the network inside and outside. The packet filtering is also it's methods of working. In this the data is very small it checks it and filter it and the information which is filter is send to the system which is needed. and the unnecessary information is removed.

The other methods are proxy service. In this the firewall only check the information which is moved to the internet and sent to the system to which the information was required. It also act as a stateful inspection it is a new method which do not examine content which is their in the other packet it take check the key part of the data which as the true information.

The stateful inspection as you can see the most of the information move from inside the firewall to the outer system. Which as been monitored for some specific purpose. The information which is sent by the incoming is compared to it's individuality. If it is a practical match. The information is always allow other wise it will remove or delete.

By this new methods and by the level of security you can see that the firewall can stop a number of threats. The most important and the best level of security is to block everything which will be very easy. This only happen if you are having the internet connection. But it has the general rule to block everything.

The firewall take a decision that which traffic should be allowed to your system or computer. You can also stop the traffic which is moving to the firewall so the the information which is safe will be sent to your system. Such as you can see email. This is very good for the business where there is a network which is very expensive.