Thread: How to remove BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y trojan from my computer?

How to remove BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y trojan from my computer?

I have installed Windows 7 last week on my personal computer. I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I have installed AVG antivirus to protect my computer from threats like virus or malicious programs. But ever since I have installed Windows 7, my AVG antivirus is showing a pop up message like this “BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y is detected”. I tried to delete it from my personal computer but when I reboot my computer then antivirus shows me the same message again. Can anybody suggest me a solution for that, if possible please mention the preventive measures for keeping my computer safe from threats like viruses.

Re: BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y is a malicious program

BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y is a Trojan. Trojans are not the malicious program which replicates itself to slow down the computer speed. Trojans are the special programs, which are designed to target the intended users, for stealing his or her confidential information. Trojans like BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y does not affect the processing speed of your personal computer but it transfers your confidential information to a hacker which has designed that Trojan.

Re: BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y downloads malware programs

BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan was known to world on 12/11/2009. BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan infiltrates the computer using a backdoor. After that this Trojan installs itself as a system service to hide itself from antivirus or any security program. If BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y is activated on your personal computer than it will connect to internet start downloading malware programs from fraudulent websites.

Re: BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y trojan register itself.

If BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan enters your system then it will execute multiple registry entries like
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\[file name]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
    BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan does this to hide itself from the detection. BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan also enters the following registry key so that it can start every time your personal computer reboots.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run "auto
    Data: C:\Program Files\Common Files\auto.exe
    Registry key and the auto.exe make the Trojan possible to auto start every time.

Re: Restore your system to remove BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y.

For removing this BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y Trojan threat system restore is a good solution. For resorting the system right click on my computer and open properties window. Select the system restore tab. After selecting system restore tab turn off system restore for all drives. Click on apply and then ok and reboot your computer. This will definitely solve your problem, but you must also follow the preventive measures like enable your firewall setting do not forget to update your antivirus software.

Re: Removal method for BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y

I was also affected with the same problem I got the solution for this which I would like to share with you. First you have to remove the BackDoor-DOQ.gen.y processes from window task manager. %DIR%\Program Files\Common Files\auto.exe
    %DIR%\Program Files\dnf.exe
    %DIR%\auto.exe
    Remove the following registry key from the registry window.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run "auto"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options\[file]
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\policies\Explorer
    And at last you have to block following dynamic link library using command prompt.
    %SYSDIR%\system32\wmitpfs.dll
    %SYSDIR%\system32\kb811164841.dll
    %SYSDIR%\system32\kb011164832.dll