Thread: How to detect a malware manually

How to detect a malware manually

Hi,
    Where can I get a list of various categories of malware threats and detection of viruses. I am looking for information that can help me to understand the types of threats that exist and understand what you have to do in a possible detection by your antivirus. Manual installation is much more effective in most of the cases. I have antivirus already but that is not enough.

Re: How to detect a malware manually

There are various categories of virus like Adware. Adware that opens popup advertisements. Adware can be installed by programs called compensate authors for free. And the other one is Backdoor. This malware can control a PC remotely by an attacker. A network of infected PCs is a botnet. You can search for pc zombies related article on internet.

There are various types of viruses. You cannot switch to one. The one thing you can do is get more information. Although a nice antivirus is a proper solution. I had encounters before a Trojan Stealer category which as its name suggests is designed to steal information. Trojans can be broken down into Trojan PWS where the goal is simply to steal passwords.

That is right a Trojan stealer robs your vital information. The means to do so may be different, like network sniffer or key-logger or ability to inject the pages in the case of banks sites. It is called as Trojan-Banker. The most common are ZBot / Zeus , Goldun / Haxdor etc. Trojan is a malware designed to perform various tasks without the knowledge of the user. This can go to install other malware to disable certain software protections (antivirus, firewall, etc.), sending SPAM mails or other features.

Check your system for key-loggers. It is a Malware recording keyboard keystrokes to steal passwords and other information products likely to be a cracker receivables for resale (email address, credit card etc.), gain access to a server etc. Other than is the most popular spyware. It is designed to steal, collect information and data. Spyware can have features of key-logger.

There are lots of threats. I had noticed once strange malware called as Ransomware. The same is designed to prevent access to documents to PC users (usually by encrypting documents), an amount becomes immediately ask the user for him to regain access to its documents. RiskTool can be a program that allows the computer to restart or stop a third-party process. An attacker can use this program to stop the process but the antivirus program can be used to stop harmful processes in the case of a fix.

The detections directly designate by types of trojans. Some may provide clues as to the purpose of malware (spam, steal data, etc.) but this is not necessarily the case. Detection can be generic, so it is often scoring. Gen or generic in detection or signature. Some antivirus use. to separate the information in the detection. Different detections added are indicated by a series of letters or numbers.