Thread: How to setup vpn under windows server 2003 ?

How to setup vpn under windows server 2003 ?

Hi,

I have a VPN with windows 2003 server in a small local network from terminals can come good, but of course are working under the local ip network. The problem I have is that I cannot go online or even remotely. So my question is : how to setup vpn under windows server 2003 ?

I need to know how I have to configure it so I can post the ip on the internet and that is what I have to add or configure to get remotely.
    what I'm putting together is very important to me and would need it to work. Thanks a lot and who I can help.

Re: How to setup vpn under windows server 2003 ?

To create a vpn server on windows you should first of all have a public ip (Required) because otherwise you could not find your vpn. Then install on windows server vpn server and routing, you should be already connected to the internet and if your pc is the Internet retailer to have two network cards, one for internal network and the other for the Internet in case to have an adsl modem or another. If you have a router then just one network card, the router would take care of internet sharing. After that also install active directory server to give permissions, vpn server configuration is practically alone, then create the users to select and dial-in permissions das properties so they can come from that side and you are ready.

If you want to share documents or play network remotely via the Internet, as if you were on your local network, simply create a virtual private network (VPN). To create a virtual private network with Hamachi:
    1. Download Hamachi
    2. Launch Hamachi.
    3. In the taskbar (notification area to the left of the clock), double-click on the icon of the software to display in the interface.
    4. Click on the connect button on the bottom left to connect to the Hamachi network.
    5. A window will ask you to create a user account: enter a nickname and confirm.'
    6. Click on the icon of a green triangle.
    7. In the menu, choose Create a network and provide a name and password to the network.
    8. Click Create.
    9. The network should then appear in the Hamachi window.

For computers of your friends to join your network, simply contact them on your network name and password. Then, after you download, install and run Hamachi, you must click on the triangle icon and choose "Join a network".

A virtual private network is called virtual because it connects two networks "physical" (LANs) via a connection unreliable (Internet) and private computers only for local networks on both sides of the VPN can see the data circulating on the network. The establishment of a virtual private network business is quite complicated because it requires good knowledge about the functioning of networks.