Thread: No Internet Through Netgear router DG834G

No Internet Through Netgear router DG834G

Hello,

I have an Arris cable modem TCM450, modem cable TV. My ISP is Telenet. I connect the cable modem to my laptop via an ethernet cable. Before I had no problem to access the Internet. I bought a Netgear router WGR614 V7. I am wired installation procedure step by step (using the supplied CD). After connecting the router, only power and LAN LEDs are lit but no Internet. I can still configure the router (I changed the setting "use this mac address") but I when I go to the router option "connection status", IP address = all 0. Looks like the cable modem is not communicating with the router.

Should I specify something in the router config for these two communicate (the MAC address of cable modem)?

Does anyone have an idea for my wireless connection is finally? I don't understand why there is no Internet through Netgear router DG834G ???

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: No Internet Through Netgear router DG834G

Try the this, Enter the address 192.168.1.1, You should now get into the router config. See how wireless router is secure (WEP/WPA/WPA2) and possibly also mac address. Then, log in to your network by clicking the icon in the systray icon and clicking to search for wireless networks. So log in to your network and enter the key into, then you will be able to check the router settings.

First eleminate a chance to be a router configuration manually resetting it. Press the black button for 30 seconds. This will restore factory defaults. When you re-configure the inmates there. If the problem persists, you can be sure that the problem is local to the PC and not the router. In this case, try reinstalling the network from scratch using the network setup wizard. You can also ensure you have the protocols and services required for the installation of the network.

It seems that this problem is fairly common, then, because I have the same problem with my Netgear router. Internet seems to work well whenever I'm in safe mode, but it's really hit and normally. This leads me to believe there could be a program or something that just does not like Netgear. Nothing has changed since the last router that I am not sure what could be. I have tried turning off my Spysweeper (check spyware) and PC-Cilla (virus checking), but that does not really help.

To ensure that your Netgear router is working properly, try the following things :

1. Check that all cables attached to the router and computer are secure.
    2. Check the Internet LED is lit. If it is not, troubleshoot light status, as explained in the router manual.
    3. Check the LEDs for the ports with cables are lit. If not, move the cable to a different port. If there are still no lights, then troubleshoot light status, as explained in the router manual.
    4. Check if the LED on the Ethernet adapter is lit. If it is not, then troubleshoot the adapter, do not continue this document. If the adapter is not NETGEAR's, contact Premium Support, or the manufacturer.
    5. Power off the router.
    6. Power the router on again.
    7. If you still cannot log on to the router, then do a hard reset on the router, as described in Reset and Restore the NETGEAR device to Factory Default Settings.