Thread: Ip address conflicts with multiple systems

Ip address conflicts with multiple systems

Hello. Well I have a multiple desktop machines and they are connected to each other via cables. Also internet connection is been enabled in all the system. The problem is that when ever try to connect to internet on my system it shows a message that the Ip address conflicts with other system and cannot be connected. Why is this happening? Also I use widows 7 as my operating system. Please help me out with a solution to the same. Thank you.

Re: Ip address conflicts with multiple systems

As your system shows that the Ip address conflicts and is unable to connect to internet is due to the one Ip address been used by more than one system. This is because as your system is been connected to many system it may be that the Ip address been assigned to the system may be same as that of the previous one. So you need to check out if this is a problem by checking to each system for the Ip address assigned.

This is what you exactly needs to find out that is to check the Ip address of each and every machine manually. This can be done by following the steps given below:

1) Click on the start button from the desktop.
    2) Go to control panel.
    3) Open the network connection option.
    4) Right click on the local area connection icon and click on properties.
    5) Select the TCP/IP and click on properties again.
    6) The Ip address would be displayed then.

Check out the Ip address for every machine following the same step.

All you need to do is to refresh the IP address of the system that is been assigned to the machine. You can do it by formatting the existing address and then assigning the Ip address again by filling the parameters. This should help in making the things to work properly and this wont then result in conflicts of Ip address. Try this one out hopefully it would work for you in a better way.

Reconfigure the address By DHCP. This shall sort the problem out. You have to refresh the settings and set them accordingly. Contact you ISP for the same in order to get the things to work for you. There can also be a issue associated with the operating system that is Windows 7 but it should not be very much into concern. Contact you IS and make he necessary ailments to get amended.

You need to uninstall the wireless drivers for the system that is been attached or linked. Select the device from the device manager option by going to control panel to the system information icon. Click on the hardware tab and choose device manager. Expand the peripherals an choose the hardware. Uninstall the drivers of it and reinstall them again. I am not sure but it should work well for your system. Check out.