Thread: Create personal mail box

Create personal mail box

Hello,
    Well, I recently installed win 2003 server. I configured the server with dns, dhcp and active directory I have set up accounts for testing on the field and it works. Now I just installed Exchange 2003 and prior installation is completed successfully. Now I do not know how to create mailboxes. My domain name and an account. I have Outlook 2007 as mail client. I guess it's more complicated than just doing
    Code:
    POP: pop@example.com
    SMTP: smtp.example.com
    Also, what should be in password? as is conventionally done with our ISP and our email address. Now I just want to create a personal mail box and send and receive from my server to other domain. Any help on this.
    Last edited by Kingfisher; 22-12-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Re: Create personal mail box

Hi
    Now I do not know how to create mailboxes. My domain name and an account. I have Outlook 2007 as mail client.
    It's your ISP to create the domain name of your box and it is always going the pusher mails@example.com to your exchange server or manage pop it in the Exchange connector will pop proper ISP's server.

Hi
    It's your ISP to create the domain name of your box and it is always going the pusher mails@example.com to your exchange server or manage pop it in the Exchange connector will pop proper ISP's server.
    Ok I do not know about this. But in fact, what should I tell the technician of my ISP provider. Does it have to be done? Is there any fees for this? On the other hand, is what I still would keep my mail? Thank you in advance.

Hey
    So I contacted the technical service of my ISP on change of smtp and pop. (my AD account and mail box is the style: mail@example.com in my AD schema) At first my service provider thought I wanted to configure my Outlook client with smtp.example.com and pop.example.com. An expert technician call me back , but she told me about a delivery fees may apply if there was a solution. Are you sure, he is absolutely gone through the ISP to configure their mail boxes with their own domain name?
    Considering that this smtp.test.com schema explaining sending an email or smtp.test.com, should my name be registered to the providers server? Could you give me more explanation, because I would not tell anything to a technician. Thank you

Hi
    Even I have same problem like this. We can change the SMTP server, even under XP. I try to configure in Server 2003 by following the clues. Well, it works for the server. But when I try to configure my mail client, I select Exchange server, then it asks for my domain Exchange. As I start the Exchange Management Console, the root is a long hex code. Is this normal? The name is the same as that of my domain controller? Also, when I try to set up an account, I receive an error message:
    impossible to resolve the name of your server or your letter box to
    Any advice on this.

Hello,
    When I try to create the admin account with Outlook, I Control
    Code:
    config => mail => mail account => radio button Exchange
    But I have always this message:
    Code:
    impossible to complete the action, the connection to Exchange is unavailable, Outlook must be online to perform this action
    As I go through Outlook, I have an error message that says I have just gone through panel confiftence => e! "
    Well, if nobody has a walkthrough, I would love the POST. Thank you