Thread: Deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH

Deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH

My HP Pavilion is infected with Worm.Mytob.GH., but the ESCAN antivirus did not detect its presence in my computer. My system has become extremely slow and I think that it is the result of the infection in my computer. I need to know the deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH. What do these type of infections do in the system that the system becomes slow? I am not familiar with threats in the computer, so I need suitable help. My operating system is Windows Vista and my browser is IE8.

Re: Deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH

The manual deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH is a tidy one. It is so because since it is worm, it spreads into the entire system. You cannot go on everywhere in the system drives and search for the infection. I suggest you to immediately format your system as there is no sence in scanning and removing all the viruses as they may be spread in many places even where the antivirus cannot find it.

Boot scanning can be used as the deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH since it is a scan that takes place before Windows startup. So, the infections generally remain inactive. This is the best time an antivirus can show its strength on the infections. It will delete it permanently from the system wherever it is spread leaving no trace of the infections. Quick Heal provide such features of boot scanning. I use the same to keep my system safe of infections.

The name itself tells that Worm.Mytob.GH is a worm. When worms enter the system, they utilize the entire system resources, thus making the system to crawl. In this way it infects the system speed. You cannot free this infection by optimizing too. I guess that you will have to run an entire system scan in safe mode, that will hopefully be the deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH and will successfully solve your problem.

If the ESCAN antivirus did not alert about this infection may be because it may not have information about this infection in its database. To avoid such kind of problems, it is necessary to frequently update the database of the antivirus. You will get an option to update it in the interface of the antivirus. You will have to be connected to the web for this purpose. I suggest you to keep the AUTOMATIC UPDATES option always on. This is the only deletion technique of Worm.Mytob.GH.

You need not worry if the system is infected with Worm.Mytob.GH because Worm.Mytob.GH is not a dangerous infection. It has only a low alert level as it does not harm the system on a large scale. I myself have heard about this virus for the first time and I came to know about this infection when I searched about it on the internet. The antiviruses generally do not contain information about this infection in their database because of which they are not able to alert about its entry into the system.