Thread: How to delete Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B?

How to delete Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B?

I have bought a new assembled computer for my personal user. My personal computer was working very fine but when I started using internet, the performance of personal computer start reducing. Whenever I clicked on something it takes a lot of time to open. Then I thought there can be any virus issue so I scanned my personal computer. I have got the message which was displaying like this “Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B is found”. I tried to delete this virus but I am unable to do so. Can anybody help me with this annoying problem? Please suggest me some preventive measures to avoid these virus related issues.

Re: Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B causes medium level damage.

Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B is a worm which replicates itself to reduce your computers processing speed. The speed at which this virus spreads is medium and the damage it will do to your personal computer is also medium. Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B was known to world on 2004 May 25. I have used maccafe antivirus to get rid of this worm and I will you the same.

Re: How to delete Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B?

If you are suffering with the virus problem named “Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B” then you will find a newly created exe on your system. You also find presence of the following registry key on your machine. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinUpdate"="%SYSTEM%\????????.exe"]. So if you want to get rid of this worm then delete this registry from your personal computer.

Re:Technical details related to Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B

I know the technical details related to Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B may be this will help you to tackle this problem with ease. Once Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B enters your personal computer it will do the following things to harm your system. It will delete Go.exe from current location after that it will created mutexes like r10, rocket10, u2, uterm5. Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B will create [HKLM \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinUpdate"] registry in your registry window to hide itself from antivirus software. Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B will delete the following registry [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Wireless\"Server"]. Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B will create this registry in order to start every time system reboots.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinUpdate"="%SYSTEM%\????????.exe"]

Re: Removal method for Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B

For removing Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B from your system start your windows in safe mode and delete the following registry key. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinUpdate"="%SYSTEM%\????????.exe"]. If you delete this registry Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B will not be able to start itself at every runtime. Update your antivirus software and scan your system in order to make sure that Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B is completely removed from your system.

Re:Preventive measures from Win32.Worm.Korgo.A,B

Antivirus software will definitely remove the virus and worm from your system but try to follow some preventive measures in order to avoid this virus issues. Enable the firewall on your windows system; get the latest updates for all the software you are using in your personal computer. Do not forget to update your antivirus and scan your system at regular interval. Use strong passwords in order avoid the threat from Trojan.