Thread: Comparing free AntiVirus and bought AntiVirus

Comparing free AntiVirus and bought AntiVirus

Hi everyone
    I have recently purchased a new Acer aspire 4736 laptop . With windows 7 as my Operating System . I am pretty confused whether i should buy a new Antivirus or I should install a freely available Antivirus . If the bought one is essential then suggest me to which will be the best for me?

Re: Comparing free AntiVirus and bought AntiVirus

According to me some of the user work fine with basic AVG free protection. Whereas some of the users prefer the bought. But its basic AVG free protection works fine if you configure it properly. If you know to enable the Removable scan and repair option, shell extension autorepair in on. Its not the case with a malicious user who is not aware with proper functioning of the Antivirus program because a malicious user can also damage the system even if he is using one of the best Antivirus.

For comparing the free AntiVirus and bought AntiVirus i would like you to go on to the official website of the Pctools. Their you can easily notice that the difference between the free and the bought Antivirus . The basic difference is that the free edition cannot be considered to be very much secure since each and every days new infections are being created . the free antivirus is not updated regarding these new infection. Also these companies provide a 24X7 support .whereas this is not the case with the free edition. Far more these free Antiviruses are not reliable.

If you want to make your systems secure against the threats like malware, spyware, rootkits, trojan and virus. free AVG, Avast, AntiVir, Microsoft Security Essentials and Panda Cloud AntiVirus offers the similar kinds of the malware protection that Norton and McAfee is offering. The major difference between the free AntiVirus and bought AntiVirus is that they provide some additional features and an extra layer of protection like Web protection, Firewall, anti-spam etc.

Formerly I was using the paid version of one of the wellknown Antivirus system. But now I have the Free version of AVG and had no problem with it. However, recently after consulting a service engineer. I installed the Microsoft Security Essentials and both are working smoothly. There are instances when each one of them identified different threats after scanning the System. But after the scanning i got that cleared.

As far i know the Antiviruses the bought Antivirus is always better than the Free Antivirus . Since the bought antivirus provide a Some extra features and protections like Firewall, anti-spam, web protection as well as Email scanning . I think that the free antiviruses always ask for getting updated to the Paid version. Once we upgrade it to paid they work much better tahn the free version .That's why I would prefer the bought Antivirus