Thread: System infected with Vesna.1606

System infected with Vesna.1606

My system is infected with Vesna.1606 virus. Actually I came to know about this when I got an alert from Avira antivirus that I am using. What type of infection is this Vesna.1606. I want to know the removal method of Vesna.1606 as the antivirus is not responding when I try to delete it. Can I delete it manually from where it is actually present. Is Avira antivirus not capable of deleting Vesna.1606. Anyone with suitable knowledge on this topic, kindly help me. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and my browser is Internet Explorer 8.

Enable a safe mode scanning

The manual removal method of Vesna.1606 is very complicated because as it is a trojan it might have helped other infections to enter your system via the web. It does this by finding a weak security point to gain entry into the system. So, there must be many other infections in your system including the Vesna.1606. So, it is impossible to find all their residing infectious location and manually delete them. I suggest you to start Windows in SAFE MODE and then run a full scan of your system, that is of your hard drives and also the flash drives. This may be able to eradicate the trojan and other infections from the system.

Boot scan the computer

Boot scan the computer, if your system is infected with Vesna.1606. Boot scan, as the name suggests is a scan enabled before the booting of Windows or its startup. At such time, the virus is inactive as it cannot execute before Windows can load. So, this is the best time an antivirus can easily eradicate such infections from the system. I suggest you to use Quick Heal antivirus that has this feature of boot scan built-in with it. Boot scan is not provided by all the antiviruses.

Use a spyware

The Vesna.1606 acts as a malware when it enters the system. It is responsible for all the malicious activities going within the system. So, normal antiviruses do not posses the ability of tracking them down. Removal method of Vesna.1606 and other such malwares are the use of SPYWARES. They remain in the background and check for the malicious activities going on within the system. It uses this technique to eradicate all types of infections. "Spyware Doctor" is a good example of such spywares. I suggest you to use a spyware if your system infected with Vesna.1606

Reistalling the antivirus will help

You can indeed use the Avira antivirus if the system tis infected with Vesna.1606. You have mentioned that the antivirus does not respond when you try to delete it. This means that the infection has manipulated the antivirus settings for its own benefit. I recommend you to first uninstall the Avira antivirus that you have, then restart your system and again reinstall the antivirus. Again restart your machine and start scanning. Try deleting the infections that have been detected. You problem may be hopefully solved.

Formatting is the removal method

Your system is infected with Vesna.1606.It is not actually a virus, but it is a trojan horse. Infections like Vesna.1606 that belong to the trojan family look like legitimate or genuine programs from outside, but internally they are a program with infectious codes in them. Any unsuspected user may click on its its link because of which it gains entry into the system. You have to use formatting as the removal method of Vesna.1606 because it has been an extreme case of trojan horse infection which cannot be removed by an antivirus by mere scanning.