Thread: How to Setup Ad-hoc Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7

How to Setup Ad-hoc Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7

Hi,

Recently i have purchased a SONY Laptop loading with Windows 7 operating system. In my office area,there are lots of WiFi network. But i don't have idea to choose because i don know which one secure and which one is not, Now i want to create adhoc wireless network on my laptop for secure. I don't know how to set up adhoc wireless in windows 7. Please suggest or advice on this issue.

Microsoft windows 7 help

On Windows 7 Starter Edition, the “Set up a wireless ad hoc network” link in the dialog above is missing. Microsoft have hide the link and you can set up the ad hoc network connection on windows 7. To access the wizard that this link, You go to search point on windows 7 and it display all the procedure show to set up all ad hoc network. You can also set up by set a network option on windows 7 , You can choose a network connection as setup a wireless connection to computer to computer.

Set up adhoc connection with command prompt

You can set up adhoc wireless connection on also in these way, go to start and type cmd on run. then a command prompt will open. you should run as a administrative privileges. This thing you should go to start menu, All Programs, Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, select “Run as administrator”. Type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Test key=password on command window then open the control panel and go to network and select the interface that currently has Internet connection (like normal wifi), enable “Sharing”, and then select the special “hosted” interface and start it.

Virtual Router turns Windows 7 into a Wifi

You can also used a open source freeware tool Virtual Router which turns any Windows 7 into a Wifi Hot Spot using Windows 7 Wireless Hosted Network Virtual Wifi technology. The wireless network creates with Virtual Router uses WPA2 Encryption and create a secure wireless connection. You can also put the password for virtual network.

Steps to setup Ad-hoc Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7

These are the steps to create an ad hoc network in Windows 7. Go to start and type wireless, then click on Manage wireless networks then click on Add to add a network and click on create an ad hoc network then click on next. Then enter name for you network and configure the security options. Click on Next when you have finish.

Adhoc connection on windows 7

Ad hoc shortcut is missing from Windows 7 Starter edition. So you need to go to start in windows 7 and type adhoc on that. Then choose a connection option and click on setup a wireless computer on adhoc. The you can feed all the network details including user name and password. If you found any issue reply me.

unsure Re: How to Setup Ad-hoc Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7

I have typed "Adhoc" on start program. The result is I can find the link but there is just exist "Windows could not detect any wireless network interface". What should I do? Thanks

Re: How to Setup Ad-hoc Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7

The general problem for this issue is that you have the improper configuration or insufficient signal strength. You should make sure that the devices are situated close enough to each other. There should also be the identical configuration settings in both the devices. I hope this will help you.