Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe

Networking & Security

Old 19-12-2009

Removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe

I have installed Windows XP operating system in my Compaq desktop. I have disabled the Windows Firewall, but I use Kaspersky antivirus, which I thought was a good antivirus that could keep my system free from infections. I also browse the web using Opera 10 and recently I got an alert message from the antivirus that Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe has infected my system. I suppose that it must have entered my system through the web, but Kaspersky has not proved useful to delete it. So, I wanted to know the removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe. Kindly reply and help me remove this infection from my system.

Old 20-12-2009

Format the computer

I guess you will have to use formatting as the removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe. This is the last option that one uses for removing an infection from the system. You need to use this method because Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe is a worm and it must have spread through your entire system. Your computer will become slow due to this infection. This is the basic symptom that a worm will show. This is because it has taken over your system resources. So, ultimately you have no option left than to format your system and install a fresh copy of Windows in it. Be sure that you maintain your machine with a well updated antivirus like AVG.
Old 20-12-2009

Enable a system restore

Enable a system restore as the removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe. For this, start Windows in safe mode and then only do a system restore. You have to do the restore to a time which you feel that the worm must have not entered the system. If you do it to a recent time, then the infection may still be there in your system. That means it will be useless even after doing a system restore. So, do the restore by making sure about the time at which the system must have been infection-free.
Old 20-12-2009

Always use some kind of firewall in the system

If you are not comfortable with Windows Firewall, then use some other firewall that you can use as the eradication method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe and such other infections into your system. Actually firewalls check each and every bits of information that you save or download into your system including the email attachments too. So, I suggest you to enable some kind of firewall in your system.
Old 20-12-2009

Boot scan removes all types of infections

The removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe is boot scanning which can be done with the help of Avast antivirus. This method will help the infection removal because boot scanning takes place at a time when it does not execute, that is before Windows boot into the system. So, basically the infection will remain inactive during this scan, which makes it easy for the eradication of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe. I have used the same method for deleting many infections from my system.
Old 20-12-2009

Formatting is the only option left

The name itself tells that Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe is a worm. Worms are not dangerous in manipulating your system files and they are not responsible for the loss of data from the system. But if they enter your system, they utilize all the system resources and reside in all the free spaces that they find in the system. If your antivirus is not able to delete it, then it means that it must have spread through the entire system on a large scale. Take backup of your important data because formatting your system is the only removal method of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,