Thread: Mother's day vbs virus in windows

Mother's day vbs virus in windows

I have received a loveletter.vbs and mothers day.vbs file in my attachment. I had downloaded the same and runned it. I though it might be some mails from a friend but the email id was unrecognized. Is this a virus file. What does a .vbs relates to. If it any threat then how to remove this entirely. I am using a AVG free edition antivirus but it has not detected the same.

Re: Mother's day vbs virus in windows

It was the first incidence recorded at 9:00 am on 4 May 2000 and had spread over 20 countries. It is a virus. LoveLetter is activated to run the next file attachments to e-mail reference "ILOVEYOU" and overwrites the graphics files and music on local and network drives. All files with extensions JPG, JPEG, MP3 and MP2 are overwritten and, therefore, it is necessary to recover from backups. By default, the. VBS on Windows systems are not visible and users can open the attachment LOVE.LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.VBS.

If the recipient opens this type of emails then the virus uses Microsoft Outlook (if installed) to send a message to all the addresses on the agenda, including those of the company's global access, which typically have hundreds or thousands of addresses. The message is as follows, From: Name-of-user-infected, Send To: Name randomized Outlook Calendar, Subject: ILOVEYOU, Kindly check the attached LOVELETTER and Attachment: LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.VBS. So in this way it infected many systems. Just delete this attachments and scan your PC in safe mode.

As the agendas of groups normally contain addresses, the result of activation of the virus within a company is that the first infected sends the message to everybody within the organization. After this, other users open the message and re - forward again to everyone in the company. The immediate effect is that the mail server can be quickly collapsed.In addition to sending an email to every address, the virus overwrites the local scripts and HTML files with your own code. Is written in VBScript. By default, programs written in VBScript operate only under Windows 98 and Windows 2000.

Mothers day is a new variant sends emails that appear to be a confirmation of a purchase order electronically Special Diamond Mother's Day and the file attached mothersday.vbs looks like an invoice. When a user receives this email, it assumes it is a mistake and open the file automatically infecting your PC. It is expected that over the weekend appear more. If the receiver has Microsoft Outlook, to open the attachment automatically send a message to all addresses in the agenda.

Outlook Calendar often have groups of addresses within the company, the result is that the first infected sends messages to the rest of the company. After this, other users within the company sent back the message to the rest of the company so the mail server will falls quickly. Furthermore, this new virus deletes all files INI and BAT both local drives and directories. This will cause the equipment can not be restarted, and will cause very serious damage in the network files. So don't open unrecognized mails.