Thread: Exploit: CVE2007-0071 traced on HP Pavilion desktop

Exploit: CVE2007-0071 traced on HP Pavilion desktop

My HP Pavilion All-in-One MS210 computer is attacked by the Exploit: CVE2007-0071 virus. I have just bought it three days ago. It had McAfee anti virus installed. And since yesterday there are alerts about this virus on my computer. I cannot delete it keeps coming back. Please help.

Adobe Flash Player Crashing

Even my computer is infected by the same virus. I am unable to view any flash player media on the internet. And my Adobe Flash player keeps on crashing even if I download the latest from internet or even install it from my pen drive. I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows XP service pack 2 to Windows Vista. And this virus is really getting me frustrated.

Safe mode

Yes in case your computer is infected by this Exploit-CVE2007-0071 trojan. It will destroy your Adobe flash player. It gets downloaded via a .swf file which the user knowingly or unknowingly opens on his computer. Boot your computer in Safe mode to delete this trojan. Press F8 key as soon as you see the computer vendor's screen. And then select Safe Mode and Enter.

Safe mode not deleting Exploit-CVE2007-0071 virus

I have tried the Safe mode to delete this virus but that is not the solution. I ran a full system scan in Safe mode to delete Exploit-CVE2007-0071 virus but McAfee failed to even recognize this virus. I guess I need to change my anti virus. So please also suggest anti virus along with removal methods.

Re-install Operating system.

Incase all your attempts to remove this trojan are not succeeding I feel you are only left with an option to re-install your operating system. But before you re-install take the necessary back-up of credential data and then re-install your operating system. This will for sure remove the trojan from your HP Pavilion desktop.

Anti virus recommendation

My suggestion is that you uninstall McAfee anti virus and use AVAST anti virus. This is more efficient and secured as compared to McAfee. I have also initially used McAfee anti virus on my Zenith desktop computer and had many virus which actually infected my system. I thus suggest you to download Avast Home Edition anti virus.