Thread: Win32/Daonol.H Trojan present in Asus Eee PC laptop

Win32/Daonol.H Trojan present in Asus Eee PC laptop

I got a second hand laptop from my cousin last week. It is an Asus Eee PC S101 laptop. It was used for a month only. But when I bought it at my place I first scanned the computer using Kaspersky which detected a Win32/Daonol.H Trojan present in the laptop. But it was unsuccessful in deleting it. Give me some information about this as well as methods to remove it from my laptop.

Trojan Win32/Daonol family

This Win32/Daonol.H Trojan belongs to the family of Win32/Daonol Trojans. As the basic definition for Trojans states this Trojan also aims at stealing the data from the infected user machine for the attacker. It also observes the network traffic to steal important data and disable the user from visiting secured Web sites to make the machine more prone to security attacks. Also there are instances where in the Trojan redirects the user's search to a malicious web site.

Boot Asus Eee PC in Safe mode

in case if you are unable to delete the trojan in normal booting mode then you can try to delete the trojan in safe mode. I also had a virus which was detected by Kaspersky in normal booting mode but it could not delete it completely. I then booted my computer to Safe mode and scanned my computer using Kaspersky anti virus which deleted the virus from my computer.

Restore your laptop settings to Safe restore point

I would recommend you to restore your laptop settings to Safe restore point. This can be achieved by using the System Restore utility of Windows System Tools. This utility can be activated from the Start Menu and browsing to System Tools in Accessories options. You will be asked to select a restore point. Select the restore point at which the trojan was not routed in your system. And restore your laptop.

Use Norton Internet Security

I am using Norton Internet Security 2009 on my Compaq desktop computer since the last 6 months and have had no worries regarding any virus, worm, trojan, spyware or any other malicious threats. Thus I recommend you to download Norton Internet Security 2009 for you laptop and uninstall kaspersky as it might be itself attacked by the Trojan: Win32/Daonol.H.

Windows Drive Format

I had this Win32/Daonol.H Trojan on computer. And I tried a number of anti viruses to delete this Trojan but this just kept on re-occurring whenever I scanned my computer. I even attempted the Safe mode scan which too resulted in the same output. I finally had to resort to format my C Drive where I have installed my Windows operating System- Windows Vista.