Thread: What does CORBA mean?

What does CORBA mean?

Hi,

I need your help over the CORBA concept. I am IT student, with more CORBA confusions. I don't know What does CORBA exactly mean? What are the function of the CORBA technology?
    Is any body has the sound knowledge regarding the CORBA, then please share with us. I would appreciate your any help.

Re: What does CORBA mean?

Hi Friend,

The "CORBA" is the abbreviation of the "Common Object Request Broker Architecture". OMG produces only the CORBA technology. The functions of the CORBA is as below:
    • It is used to integrates machines of different vendors.
    • It is used as middleware for large different enterprises.
    • It can handle more number of clients.

Hi ,

OMA's most important communication components Common Object Request Broker Architecture .Common Object Request Broker Architecture is essential to create new remote objects with use of the Object Request Broker i.e ORB.
    The functionality of the DCOM and the CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture) is identical incase of the web services.For the integration of the Windows desktops within CORBA system the interoperability of the COM and CORBA is essential.

Following are some advantages of the CORBA:
    1. CORBA technology has Object Orientation as well as distribution support.
    2. CORBA technology supports many other existing languages. It is used to integrate this language into unique distributed application.
    3. CORBA technology supports descent amount of the interoperability. And which is used to distribute different objects.
    4. More than 700 companies using the CORBA technology into the software and hardware field.

Hello,

The CORBA i.e Common Object Request Broker Architecture is used in the following things:
    • For Queuing of the different types of messsges.
    • It is used in the remote procedure calls i.e RPC
    • CORBA is used in the mechanisms of the inter-process communication.
    • It is used to Share interaction of the memory.
    • The CORBA is used in the different Socket level programming.

Hi,

When the CORBA invented it was supported only of C language. The next version i.e CORBA(Version 2) has supports both java and C++. The next version i.e CORBA 3 has support to the Java Beans as well as for the Internet firewall. The main advantage of the CORBA is that it is Vendor independent, network independent, operating system independent. The Common Object Request Broker Architecture is the standard industry distributed model of the object.