Thread: Compaq Presario infected with Adware: Win32/BHO.A

Compaq Presario infected with Adware: Win32/BHO.A

I am using Compaq Presario CQ3070IL computer. The specifications for this computer are:
    Operating System: Windows Vista.
    Memory: 2 gigs.
    Processor: Intel E7400 Core 2 Duo CPU.
    Hard disk: 500 gigs.
    Since last two days ,my Norton Internet Security is displaying alerts about some adware in my Internet Explorer as: Win32/BHO.A. but I have not added any extra application to my Internet Explorer 8. How to solve it?

Uninstall Internet Explorer

It can be that unknowingly some Adware might have got attached with your Internet Explorer 8 and that is the reason your Norton anti virus is alerting you all the time. I guess you need to uninstall Internet Explorer and use some other web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox or Safari, which are more faster and accurate than Internet Explorer.

Details about Win32/BHO.A

This is an adware malicious program. These Browser Helper Object's registered DLL files. These file will distract the user of the infected host by displaying pop adds and prompt for download from malicious websites such as messangerupdate.nett or messangerupdate.com. As soon as your anti virus displays any detection of this malicious program just delete it at that point itself.

Boot in Safe Mode

Reboot your computer and keep tapping the f8 key to load the booting option after you see the initial logo of the computer manufacturer. Now select Safe mode and hit enter. This will now boot your system in safe mode. Also remove the LAN cable before booting in Safe Mode. Now using your anti virus scan your computer to destroy the unwanted Win32/BHO.A program. And then boot your system to normal mode by again rebooting your computer as usual

Safe Mode not the Solution

I have used the Safe Mode booting three times now to detect and delete the Win32/BHO.A, but it is not getting deleted. I have also now un-installed my Internet Explorer 8 from my computer. I feel I need to change my anti virus. Can any one suggest some anti virus for the removal of Win32/BHO.A?

McAfee and Kaspersky for removing Win32/BHO.A

I am using McAfee anti virus to keep my system secured from security threats and viruses, trojans and other malwares as well. So you can download McAfee. Also you can download Kaspersky anti virus in case you want some other anti virus. Always keep your anti virus virus database updated to keep track of the latest security threats.