Thread: How to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz?

How to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz?

My system has Windows XP operating system with a trial version antivirus of AVG. I have enabled a scheduled scan that takes place daily. So, one say I got an infection of Win32/Nuker.Maiz.Gener1 in many of the folders in the system. Now, I do not know how to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz because I could not remove it directly from the AVG user interface. I do not understand where it came from because I scan all the portables and externals that I insert into my system. I am worried because I do not know what all places it must have spread as I do not have much information about Win32/Nuker.Maiz. I request help from those who have information about this infection.

Re: How to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz?

The infections like Win32/Nuker.Maiz always manipulate the registry settings and also add new malicious settings into it and they become the reason for the frequent execution of the virus and thus, their replication becomes easy. Hence, they could be spread entirely in the system. So, to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz manually is basically impossible. If it would be possible too, it will irritate you removing them from each and every files and folders in which they may be embedded. I cant see any way that you can use to remove it easily from the system.

The problem that you are not able to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz is that you are using a trial version of the AVG antivirus. The trial versions only detect infections, but they do not allow deletions of the detected infections. I advice you to download a full version of the same antivirus that you are using and then, run a full system scan. Now, when the infections are detected, the would be successfully removed from the system. I have seen many such cases with my friends. They have all used the above method and their problem had been solved. If you keep using the trial versions more and more infections may enter your system.
    Last edited by Snake08; 17-12-2009 at 11:36 PM.

As the name suggests Win32/Nuker.Maiz is a type of Win32 virus that has a high alert, that means that it is very dangerous. It generally spreads through the system by mostly infecting the SYSTEM 32 folder. Thus, it makes many of the programs un-workable, which means that you will have error alerts many times while working in the system. Everytime the infected file runs, the virus too gets executed. This is the replication technique of this virus. Inorder to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz, I suggest you to format your system immediately because if kept long, the virus may cause a system crash which could be even more loss to you than anything.

Deletion of Win32/Nuker.Maiz is difficult if you try to manually eradicate it. You should enable a boot scan in your system. Any type of infections can be eradicated by this method. Actually, boot scan is a scan that is enabled even before the virus can execute because it is enabled before the opreating system loads. So, as the virus will not be active at such a time it is easy to delete it from the system. This method can be used to remove any types of infections from the system. Antivirus like AVAST provide this feature of boot scan as soon as you install it. I have been successful to remove many infections using thsi method, hopefully it would solve your problem too.

I suggest you to use Kaspersky antivirus to delete Win32/Nuker.Maiz. After you have installed Kaspersky antivirus, start Windows in safe mode. Then, run a full system scan of your hard drives, flash drives and also the externals that you have. In safe mode the virus is mostly not able to execute. After you have eradicated the virus, keep the antivirus updated always as new infections may be designed by the attackers and their names have to be updated in the database of virus definitions of the antivirus. I follow the same method to avoid infections into my system.