Thread: How to delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18?

How to delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18?

I am using AVG antivirus with Windows XP service pack 2 and I get frequent alerts of Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 being found on my system. So, I wanted to know the ways delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 because I am not acquainted wit the dealing of such viruses. How do I use AVG to help me eradicate this Backdoor.Win32.Death.18. Please suggest some suitable remedies and what are the places in my system that may have been affected by this infection.
    Last edited by Abhibhava; 17-12-2009 at 06:13 AM.

Re: How to delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18?

Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 belongs to the trojan family. Such infections help the attackers to gain access to the system whose computer has been infected by Backdoor.Win32.Death.18. This trojan has 3 basic components:
    • Server
    • Client
    • Utility

It uses these to setup its components in the server. It is basically not easy to delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 from the system. So, I suggest use to format your computer and install a fresh copy of Windows.

The following symptoms may be encountered in your system if it is infected by Backdoor.Win32.Death.18:
    1. Your computer may be working very very slow.
    2. There can be an explicit crash of your browser.
    3. You may get flooded with irritating pop ups.
    4. Someone can gain access to your home page.
    5. Online peeping may occur in your ssystem.
    6. You may not be able to open some files.

You simply have to run a complete system scan, then you have to click on REMOVE UNHEALED INFECTIONS. This will delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 from your system.

As the name suggests Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 is a backdoor, that is it belongs to the spyware category. It is responsible for malicious activities going on within the system. Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 provides a means for other infections to enter the system. Inorder to delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18, you need to install a spyware like "Spyware Doctor" that remains behind the system and checks for all malicious activities going on within the system.
    Spyware Doctor 6.1.0.447

Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 brings the system optimization to a very low level. There are manipulation in the registry settings of the system which make many of the system components un-workable. It has a very high danger level. To delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18, you simply need to start Windows in SAFE MODE and then, run a full system scan of all the hard drives and the flash drives that you have. This must hopefully solve your problem.

You can remove any infection with the help of boot scan. You can even delete Backdoor.Win32.Death.18 using the same technique. Boot scan is feature that helps to eradicate the infections when they are not active. It means that the scan is enabled before Windows startup. So, the infections cannot execute before Windows startup, which makes the antivirus easy to eradicate them. You can use AVAST for this purpose since all antiviruses do not have this feature of boot scanning.