Thread: System infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ

System infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ

I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium operating system with ESCAN antivirus. On scanning recently, I found out that my system is infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ. I was surprised because I cannot understand where it came from. I do not know how to delete it from the system because I have not handled viruses before this. Please recommend suitable remedies to this problem. The browser I am using is IE8.
    Last edited by CACTUS101; 17-12-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Re: System infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ

Your system has been infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ which is a trojan horse infection. The infection is a Windows PE EXE file which almost has the size of 15,872 bytes. UPX is used to pack TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ. When it is unpacked, it has a size of 48,640 bytes. It is suggested that you format your system, other wise further infections may cause replications of infection causing it to spread at a higher rate in your system.

If your system is infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ, just follow the steps given below for its removal:
    1. The process of the trojan has to terminated from the TASK MANAGER.
    2. The original file if the trojan has to be deleted from the original location.
    3. The following files need to be deleted:
      • %WinDir%\svchost.exe
      • %System%\svchostc.exe
      • %WinDir%\msrt32.dll
    4. The following parameter of the registry key has to be deleted:

• [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    • "Systems" = "%WinDir%\svchost.exe"

If your system is infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ, then you must do a boot scan in your system. boot scan is a scan that is enabled even before the virus can execute because it is enabled before the operating system loads. So, as the virus will not be active at such a time it is easy to delete it from the system. This method can be used to remove any types of infections from the system. Antivirus like QUICK HEAL provide this feature of boot scan as soon as you install it.

The infections like TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ always manipulate the registry settings and also add new malicious settings into it and they become the reason for the frequent execution of the virus and thus, their replication becomes easy. Hence, they could be spread entirely in the system. So, to get rid of TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ manually is basically impossible. If it would be possible too, it will irritate you removing them from each and every files and folders in which they may be embedded. If your system is infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ, it is bad luck friend.

I suggest you to use Kaspersky antivirus if your system infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.EZ. After you have installed Kaspersky antivirus, start Windows in safe mode. Then, run a full system scan of your hard drives, flash drives and also the externals that you have. In safe mode the virus is mostly not able to execute. After you have eradicated the virus, keep the antivirus updated always as new infections may be designed by the attackers and their names have to be updated in the database of virus definitions of the antivirus. I follow the same method to avoid infections into my system.