Thread: Wifi router unable to connect under windows 7

Wifi router unable to connect under windows 7

Hello. I have a wifi router and is been linked to my laptop machine. The laptop machine is been installed with windows 7 as my operating system. The problem is that my wifi router is not able to get connected to my laptop. It used to connect before but after upgradation it is not. Why is this happening. Please suggest and help me out to sort out the issue with a solution. Thank you.

Re: Wifi router unable to connect under windows 7

The problem that your wifi router is unable to get connected to the laptop machine is due to the incorrect settings been assigned to he machine related to the router. The settings and information been assigned to the router should be checked and has to be proper. You should contact to the ISP in order to check for the settings that has to be assigned.

Well other than the settings that has to be assigned you also need to check the DNS service settings. You need to mention the DNS settings and reset the gateway settings. Configure the IP address related to the machine provided by the internet service provider. It may then make the things to work properly. There could have been a possibility that after your system been upgraded the settings may have been reset and formatted. So you need to fill the parameters manually.

Windows 7 been extremely secured and sophisticated operating system that has many features enabled in them. You should check out that whether the system or the process that you are executing is running under security. If it does then it is quite impossible for the wifi router to get connected to the system with the operating system. It may have denied the access for detection.

Your router needs to be reconfigured or to he best thing you can do is to troubleshoot your wifi router. This can be done by resetting the router to its default settings. You need to poke the little button by pressing the pin with a pointed pen or pin on the back panel of the router. Hold the pointer for around 10 seconds. This will restore the settings of the router to its factory settings. This should be able to make the things work properly.

You just need to upgarde the firmware for the router in order so that your wifi router should cope up with the operating system. You need to check for the latest update or firmware for the router on its official site. After you get the drivers for the same, download it and then add the file extraction to the applications installed drivers. Restart the system and the assign the parameters that is the address for the configuration. This shall work for you.