Thread: Problem installing openldap under debian

Problem installing openldap under debian

Hello everyone,
    I need a specific version of openldap, so I can install from the repositories. I downloaded and unzipped archive. But then after I do not know how to install openldap.
    I'm on a debian etch command line only. Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Last edited by NetworkeR; 16-12-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Re: Problem installing openldap under debian

Hi
    I downloaded and unzipped archive.
    Are the sources of the particular version of open-ldap or binary distribution? Where are the sources you'll need to compile (ie install anything on your Etch it will compile). For instructions to build and install you should look for readme or instructions for compilation in your archive (including you should find all necessary libs). Read the instruction in the extracted folder and it will help you to install. I think you should do it easily.

Hi
    For instructions to build and install you should look for readme or instructions for compilation in your archive (including you should find all necessary libs).
    I actually look ok and the readme says bookstores and other rules necessary for installation. So thank you very much. Any more solution do you have for this. or any guide or instructions to install it . Thanks in advance.

Hi
    Now, I started installing and maintaining. But it gave me an error saying
    configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
    So I installed the Berkeley BD. But this did not helped. Any more ideas about the error I got, or what should I do to install this on my computer. Please help.

Hi
    I need a specific version of openldap, so I can install from the repositories.
    Just curious, why do you use a specific version? In my opinion, given the level of "deprecation" Etch, you might have dependencies cascade that forces you to recompile the libs. Especially if your version of openldap is very recent. Hope this information helps you, need any more information then do post back.

Hi
    Compared to a project, I have restrictions on versions, I must respect them.
    Indeed I have great concerns at the level of dependency. My version of openldap is not new and suddenly I have other application that must not exceed certain versions. My . / Configure worked through and now it's make me dependence made a mistake. My manager forced me it takes too long for a "simple" installation. Thank you for your help anyway.