Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removing the read-only settings for folders in windows 2003

Networking & Security

Old 15-12-2009

Removing the read-only settings for folders in windows 2003

Hi all,
I am facing a severe problem as i am unable to unset the read-only property for the folders that had been created in the D: drive. Also when I try to create a shared folder and share it over a network ,The network user are not allowed to save their data into the shared folder. Please provide me the suitable solutions for getting rid of this shit.

Old 15-12-2009

Re: Removing the read-only settings for folders in windows 2003

First of all try to check your NTFS permissions. The Share permission is not very much effective with the NTFS volumes. The reason behind this is that the administrator can give the users each and every permissions under the sun, but this will work if and only if the NTFS gives them the permission to do so.
Old 15-12-2009

As far as I know the Share permissions in Windows Server 2003 is set to Everyone- Read(only) by default. If you want to allow other users to use the folders and give access to it through a network then changing share permissions from read to change will solve your problem.
Old 15-12-2009

The first thing which I will Suggest you is check your Share Permissions because As far as windows 2003 server is concerned each and every new share is created automatically with Everyone=Read SHARE permissions. And this allows every one to read irrespective of the NTFS partition. Now click on the share tab of the folder go to permissions and observe the share permissions.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,