Thread: Removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000

Removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000

Hello everyone, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 operating system with Kaspersky antivirus. Recently I got an alert saying Novosibirsk.1000 detected. I had deleted it, but after a couple of minutes I get the same alert again. I also have tried moving it to quarantine, but still no use. Can anyone tell me what are the removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000? Somebody please help me as I do not know what all files it is infecting and how much threatful is it to the system.

Re: Removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000

I do not know the removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000, but I can tell you how the virus works out. I found it while browsing the web. Novosibirsk.1000 is a memory-resident virus which is very dangerous. The INT 21h is hooked by such infections and it writes itself at the end of the EXE and COM files which wiil be accessed and executed. Whenever a program affected by the virus is executed, the current directory is searched for any EXE files and it enters into it to infect it. This is the manner how it spreads into the system.

There are no special removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000. I do not know the manual deletion, but every virus can be removed with a simple method of "BOOT SCAN". Boot scan is a scan that is enabled even before the virus execution can take place because it occurs before Windows startup. Antiviruses like Avast and Quick Heal provide this feature of boot scan.

There is no specific way for infection of Novosibirsk.1000 into the memory of the system. So, it can bring the system to a halt or cause it to hang. Novosibirsk.1000 specifically does not let you access the hidden files through DOS FIND CALLS. So, the hidden files in the system cannot be seen by those using DOS in the infected system. The DIR /AH command too, cannot be used by them. So, the removal method of Novosibirsk.1000 is not known to many includind me. Novosibirsk.1000 has the following text srings:
    • WRA
    • NOEMS
    • Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk.1000 is also known as Virus.DOS.Novosibirsk.1000. It is type of virus with very high risk level. I havnt heard of any specific removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000 as it causes a lot of destruction in the system by spreading widely into the system. It has a very high power of replicating, so it is not able to be controlled. Such type of infections have only one eradication method and that is formatting and installing a fresh copy of the operating system into your machine.

Novosibirsk.1000 can be described a memory resident infection with a very high risk level. It falls into the category of viruses. Removal methods for Novosibirsk.1000 are still unknown. My system too, had an infection of Novosibirsk.1000 and I came to know of a symptom by the infection. Go to TOOLS, then FOLDER OPTIONS and try to view the hidden files and folders. You will not be able to view any one of the hidden files.